Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster problems!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006 | 04:52 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default blaster problems!

i have a moded blaster 2004. When i go to kick start it the kick starter will not go down when i kick it. Also when i went to go move it yester day when i had the clutch in it would not move( i parked it in first) so when i put the clutch in and tryed to move it, it would not move.

the atv has not bin siting i ride it allmost every day or every other day.

so i dont know what the problem is.

Old 11-14-2006 | 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

If you can get the kickstarter to down there may be something wrong with the kickstarter, or the engine may be seized. With the engine in gear and clutch pulled in it is not uncommon for it not to move. You may need to adjust the clutch. The worst case scenario is again the motor may be seized. Here is a link to a service manual to help you out.
Service Manual

Old 11-15-2006 | 07:34 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

i think the first thing i need to deal with is the kick starter. How do i take it off it wont come off is there some other way of doing it?
today i took off the cover on the other side of the engine of the kicck starter and water came out like a cup full.
so i m gunna take it to my shop which will cosst me like 100 bucks just for them to look at it then fix and parts will be like another 150 so first i want to see if i can fix it even thos im new to this and i dont know anything about motors really

Old 11-15-2006 | 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Are you sure it was water that came out. There shouldn't be any water in a Blaster it is aircooled. Check out that service manual I put up in the earlier reply to see how to fix the kickstarter. Blasters are the simplest ATV's You should have no problem fixing it. I keep my Blaster at my farm so I don't have here for reference

Old 11-15-2006 | 08:52 PM
Range Rover

yeah the blaster i worked on is the same way with the clutch deal so i wouldnt worry about it. ive heard of other peoples blasters doin the same.

take the spark plug out and then try to kick it because there might be some compression in there that you cant kick through.. if it doesnt kick without the spark plug you have some problems.

like boomer said it might be seized up, or possibly a bent crankshaft? correct me if im wrong.

Old 11-15-2006 | 09:53 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

well i try to kick itt with the plug out but i dont think it will would since the kick starter will not move. Ok when i go to kick it and i take the kick bar out and i kick it the bar does not move its like jamed or some thing
the day before all this happend it took like 30 kick to get the quad running and it rode like crapy so i m just gunna have to take it in b/c i tryed to fix it by take the kicker off and looking at it but i couldnt so i dont know what i m going i think my best bet is to bring it in. And the other ppl that said they have hear of ppl saying his happend to them ended up being there problem and wat did them do

Old 11-15-2006 | 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

It sounds like your motor may be seized if it took you that many kicks to get it started and ran like crap. BigDimo 2624 just rebuilt a Blaster it's easy. You can save yourself some money and do it yourself,

Old 11-16-2006 | 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like it broke the skirt on the piston and there is a piece wedged between the crank and the case. If thats the case, if you ever do kick it over, you could knock a whole in the cases. Either take it to someone, or at least take the top end off and look before you really tear something up. Theres not really any reason the kicker would not move unless there is broken parts inside.

Old 11-16-2006 | 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

asfasasu3 I think you got the right Idea.

Old 11-16-2006 | 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

i bought a project polaris scrambler a few years ago and it had the exact same problem. motor was seized because the automatic oil pump mixture thing failed. you could stand on the kickstarter and it wouldnt budge. i dont suggest trying to fix this yourself if you have minimal mechanical skills, and it wont be really cheap to have it done by a dealer. If you have a friend thats good at this kinda stuff, now would be a good time to contact them.

Quick Reply: blaster problems!