Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Polaris Scrambler vs. Raptor 350

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006 | 10:19 PM
Range Rover
Default Polaris Scrambler vs. Raptor 350

[/quote]Plus it's a polaris, so it's up in the air about if you'll even make it home under your own power.[/quote]

Please do a search for all the threads I've started. I have started many with questions about my Raptor because it breaks down all the time. As a matter of fact it is broke down right now with the last problem I posted about 2 months ago and it still isn't running. Then check into how many I've started about the Scrambler. ZERO. Never had a problem with it. Always starts, always runs, never broken down.

For the fella that started this thread, you are only going to get biased and bad information about Polaris in the Yamaha forum. Go to the Polaris forum and you'll find and entirly different atmosphere. They will give you honest opinions about any make and few are biased. I love my Yamaha(even though it is currently broke)but there are a lot of ignorant people that post in this forum.

I would say between the 2 you listed go with the Scrambler but if you stepped it up to the Raptor 700 then I would go that route.

Old 12-27-2006 | 10:23 PM
Range Rover

Dino.....I didn't realize you started this thread. You allready know how the guys are over in the Polaris forum. Keep posting here and you'll see how all these people just bash Polaris so your not going to get an honest opinion here.

Old 12-27-2006 | 11:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

What kind of response do you expect when you're comparing a sport quad to a utility?

Old 12-28-2006 | 12:32 AM
Range Rover

It dosn't matter. If he had asked about the pred you still would have immediately started bashing Polaris.

If the Scrambler is a utility then why dosn't it come with a hitch or racks and don't tell me there available because there available for a Raptor too and it's not a utillity and why is the Wolverine which is basically the same machine as a Scrambler listed as a sport.

Old 12-28-2006 | 12:33 AM
Range Rover

If Polaris is so darn bad, please tell me why my Yamaha is broke down and my Polaris isn't?

Old 12-28-2006 | 12:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The only experience I really have at all with polaris is towing them back and fixing them. That doesn't really make me impressed with their reliability. I had reliability problems with my warrior when I got it, but I know why. It's called maintainance, and the previous owner didn't know the meaning of the word. I'm not really biased in favor of yamaha though, I think Hondas are definitely the best designed and built machines.

The scrambler is built on pretty much the same frame, with the same engine, transmission (except low range), suspension geometry, etc. Even if it looks like a sport quad, and doesn't have racks or a hitch, it still rides just like a sportsman. It's not looks, it's the performance.

Now, IF this would have been a comparison between the predator and another yamaha, I wouldn't have so much bad to say, because the predator actually performs like a real sport quad, and doesn't just pose as one. It's not like I just have it out for polaris, heck i'd love to own one of the new Outlaw 525's. I just don't have any faith in their reliability, and their build quality, because of all the negative experiences i've had with them. Sometimes I can't help but laugh at some of their dumb designs, especially with their earlier models.

Wolverine isn't listed as a sport, it's a sport utility. The scrambler would also fall into this category. Same as any other utility-based quad that has sporty characteristics. Like a honda recon or kawasaki lakota. I'd even throw the kfx700 into this category because of it's size and weight, automatic transmission, and shaft drive, which are all things normally reserved for a ute. A wolverine, or any sport-ute, won't do the same things a true sport will, but will do them better than an all-out utility like a kawasaki prairie.

Old 12-28-2006 | 02:26 AM
Pro Rider

I will be honest about the whole thing ok the polaris is faster more powerfull but it's also heavy as a tank when comparing it too the raptor 350 and if you are going to ride either hard id say the raptor 350 would hold up alot longer than the polaris because of all the bulk the polaris has but if your just a average and take it easy im sure the polaris would be fine.Ok here my personal input on the polaris there ugly the a-arms look like tooth picks and i dont think that it's a well built atv..but alot of people says the 350 is ugly and the 660 but's its all in wat u want...

Old 12-28-2006 | 02:43 AM
Trailblazer

you guys need to all calm down and get back to the main topic!! Ok so the guy asked which won will win Polaris Scrambler vs. Raptor 350?? Like Recon99 tried saying before everyone tore his head off......the polaris is in a whole other category! His opinion was that the rappy would win. And i would agree because mainly the weight difference and the handling difference. BassBlaster what exactly is wrong with you're rappy?? Cuz u cant just blame yamaha because something mechanical broke. I mean im sure there are plenty of people out there that are saying the same thing about yamaha, honda, kawi's, and suzukis as well! "If Polaris is so darn bad, please tell me why my Yamaha is broke down and my Polaris isn't?" I mean seriously that just sounds like a 10 year old talking. be honest with urself, you're the one saying to stop being bias, and there u go bashing yamaha because ur quad wont run.

Old 12-28-2006 | 10:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

totally agree with the post above... what ever is broken is most likely your fault(based on statistics)

Old 12-28-2006 | 05:58 PM
Range Rover

I am not biased at all toward Polaris. I love my Yamaha. I even said so in an earlier post. It just burns me up that if you even mention Polaris in this forum everyone starts bashing them. I only asked the question "If Polaris is so bad then why is my Yamaha broken and not my Polaris." to prove a point. I have never had a problem with my Polaris and all in the Polaris forum will tell you good things as well. Just because my Yamaha is broke down dosn't mean I get on here and bash Yamaha. I never have. I'm also thinking of selling my Raptor after it gets fixed and buying a new Grizz 700 so I'm not a hater. As far as my Raptors problem, I don't know. It just won't start. Ran fine one ride and then wouldn't start on the next one. I'm sure it's probably a carb problem but I cleaned them out and it still won't start. I'm going to pull them back off and drop them off at the dealer and they can do it. I'm not to carb savvy. No big deal, I was just making a point.

Quick Reply: Polaris Scrambler vs. Raptor 350