Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Where is air screw on 99 warrior?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is air screw on 99 warrior?

Can someone tell me where the air screw is on the carb for a 99 warrior? I have an idea but not sure so I will ask a couple questions. Now, there is the set screw with the thumb **** that you can turn with your fingers....what is this one? Is this the air mixture screw? I have read that the pilot air mixture screw should be turned all the way in then 1 1/4 turns out and then turn the throttle stop screw in or out until necessary idling speed is reached. If i turn that finger adjusting set screw in by hand, it idles way too high, so I don't know if that is the pilot air screw or if the throttle stop screw is way off.

Ok, my whole problem is that I think I may be running too lean. Not sure which screws are which and where they are on the carb. Any help would be appreciated. I have a pdf manual on the warrior but the illustrations aren't clear enough to be able to tell what is what. The image resolution on the pictures aren't good.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Technically 4 strokes don't have air screws, only 2 strokes do. The 4 stroke equivalent is the Fuel screw, which does the same thing, it just works in the opposite way.

The fuel screw is underneath the carb, in a small recessed hole directly in front of the float bowl. You can't get to it with a regular screwdriver, but the best way i've found to adjust it is with one of the little 1/4" drive screwdriver bits.

The thumb screw you found is the adjustment for your idle (throttle stop).

Hope that helps you out. If it's still not clear, I can get you some pictures.

Old 11-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks. Uh, I can see in this pdf manual that it says the pilot air screw is the one that you can adjust with your fingers and it also says that the throttle stop is listed by number in the illustration, but don't show it. I don't know if this pdf manual is accurate or what since you said the one you can adjust with your fingers is the throttle stop. They must have made an error in the illustration. What you said, does make sense though. Thank you. I appreciate it. I just ordered a cd service repair manual on ebay for the warrior, so I'll see if that is any better. It says it is the same one that the motorcycle shops use, so I hope so.

Old 11-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The manual you have must be wrong then. The thumb screw is definitely the throttle stop, and there's a flat-head brass screw under the carb, inset where it can barely be seen with the carb mounted, which is the fuel screw.