Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Modding my Machine, help out?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modding my Machine, help out?

I have an 02 Yamaha Wolverine, which I am in the process of buying crap to build up. I would love any suggestions. Heres what I have so far, any advice would be welcomed whole heartedly.

400cc bbk from CWR
HMF exhaust
K&N w/outerwear
Dyna Jetting
Warn 424

I am wondering with the bbk, will I need another oil cooler? Can I get a larger one or will I just need to put a second one on? I know FST does stuff for these, and when they do the 446 bbk/s they put another oil cooler on. Want to make sure it is going to run right. Thinking of buying the second part of Gregs kit at CWR and stroke it while I have it broken down, haven't figured out if I want to yet tho.

Also need stronger clutch, thinking about replacing the plates, and going with an EPI kit, theres not many options for the Wolvy clutch unless I go with the FST manual clutch

Also looking at head work. Dont know what to do for cam tho, and valves. Dont know enough about them and what would be good. I want to make this a bike thats fun to ride and mud with. Looking at fabricating a new airbox outta aluminum, I have a full machine shop at my disposal and a man with 25+ years of expirence. Gotta love Dad. Also looking at a 2" lift for it, possibly and spacers. Can make the spacers ourselves.

Any other ideas for this? Everywhere I go with this question no one can answer it. I am going to start the bike in March when I get home from my Deployment. I am in Baghdad, so if you give websites or anything, I'm hoping it isn't going to be someone I have to call.. coughFSTcough..

So thank you for help.. Any advice would be welcomed, cuz like I said, I'm getting no where everywhere else.

-seth

Old 11-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

i know a good buddy in baghdad. He is a diesel mechanic i believe over there now. An older guy as well. Name is Chuck, maybe you recognize. Anyway i just put a 2' lift on my 98 grizzly about 30 something hours ago. LOVE IT! so that you will probably like. I pretty sure you wont need another oil cooler. As long as it doesnt over heat. I have a big bore kit on mine as well. And it has over heated once by long HARD slow work and the temp outside was VERY hot. Spacers would probably be a good idea with that 2' lift. If you want good trail tires but work well in mud as well then i would suggest either GBC Gators, ITP mudlites, or for real bad mud ITP 589. as for cams try Hotcams.com. They may have something

Old 12-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry cant say that I know him. I'm surprised too because I thought that I knew all the soldiers in B-town.