Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

thinking of buying a new quad

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 12:28 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking of buying a new quad

I have to agree with Recon the Wolverine is a great bike and it has a bit of sport in it.

Tom

Old 12-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ILOVEYAMAHA
I would seriously recommend that you get a new quad... I have a 250 beartracker (similar to the recon) and have 25" ITP 589's in the rear! Yes i can go throught alot but still not pleased! If i were you i would do what i am about to do... I am going to get the 2007 big bear 400! it is perfect! comes STOCk with ITP mudlights winch mounts 3 way 4 wheel drive (2wd. 4wd. 4wd locked) and has no belt!!! yes the perfect mudding machine! of course i will have to get rid of the mud lights and put swamp lites on but the mudlights will hold me over for a while... But if your like me and love to ride the muddiest trails of all then i would sugest this! The good thing about no belt is you can go in deep water with no worries and if you do snorkle than only one pipe not 3 or more!

I just took a look at the new Big Bear 400, and it looks pretty darn nice. If I was looking for a utility quad, I would be going after that for sure. I still don't know how sporty it would feel with the IRS and power to weight ratio, but if I was going to get a ute it wouldn't be for riding fast anyways, that's what i have the Warrior for. Now they gotta put out a big bore ute with a 5 speed auto clutch trans. The Big Bear 700!

Old 12-04-2006, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

I would look at getting an 05-06 Kodiak 450... Decent amount of power... and more nimble than your bigger machines... yeah, it may only be 10lbs lighter than some of your bigger bore quads... but it feels a lot lighter and it won't beat you up as bad... I watched my dad go from being sore all the time riding a grizzly 660, to hardly getting sore on his kodiak 450...

Old 12-04-2006, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

yea i think that actually sounds really pretty darn good for me, the 07 big bear.... i definatly want to go new because i dont want to buy somebody elses problems, i know that if you look hard enough youll get someone who just needs money but that is alot of work...anyways. i actually just went riding today, had some fun in the mud, i wish i had someone videotaping me though cause i was riding through the good stuff... i got some pictures if anyones interested

Old 12-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer

yea i think that actually sounds really pretty darn good for me, the 07 big bear.... i definatly want to go new because i dont want to buy somebody elses problems, i know that if you look hard enough youll get someone who just needs money but that is alot of work...anyways. i actually just went riding today, had some fun in the mud, i wish i had someone videotaping me though cause i was riding through the good stuff... i got some pictures if anyones interested
i come pletly agree with this! it is so risky buying a used atv unless you know the guy or has llike not even 1 scratch!

I just took a look at the new Big Bear 400, and it looks pretty darn nice. If I was looking for a utility quad, I would be going after that for sure. I still don't know how sporty it would feel with the IRS and power to weight ratio, but if I was going to get a ute it wouldn't be for riding fast anyways, that's what i have the Warrior for. Now they gotta put out a big bore ute with a 5 speed auto clutch trans. The Big Bear 700!
I am getting one soon and if they came out with a big bear 700 i would get that next! i love auto clutch 5 speeds b/c like no maintance and worries about belt!

Old 12-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

yea and believe it or not a friend of a friend is selling her 2005 honda recon for 3500 and i guess she hardly used it much so its like new.... and she used to date my friend and my friend says she takes real good care of what shes got and shes only sellin because she has no time to use it

Old 12-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Lol, what you mean is, she's TRYING to sell a used recon for $3500. What are they new, like $3,700? There's no way she's getting more than 2,500 unless she gets lucky and finds a desperate buyer.

Old 12-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

aha, up here in NY the value is higher, a brand new 07 rancher is 5700 or something, and that is a pretty darn good deal, my quad right now is worth 2000, its a 2004 and not nearly as good as a rancher, i dont know yet, im still gonna look around

Old 12-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Trailblazer

w8 so is she selling a rancher or recon? you typed recon but you sound like your saying rancher.. I would still go with the big bear a.) I am a yamaha guy B.) Brand new you dont know if SHE broke it in right C.) IRS! awesome feature d.) 3 way 4 wheel drive E.) well this could go on for ever! lol

Old 12-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: tymann09
aha, up here in NY the value is higher, a brand new 07 rancher is 5700 or something, and that is a pretty darn good deal, my quad right now is worth 2000, its a 2004 and not nearly as good as a rancher, i dont know yet, im still gonna look around

"a friend is selling her 2005 honda recon for 3500"

Quick Reply: thinking of buying a new quad