Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster vs. Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 12:06 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster vs. Warrior

Which is a better bike. I am 5 foot 10 and weigh 225. I ride cross country type conditions. I will be putting lots of performance parts into it. So writ back and do tell your belives on the subject.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:15 AM
Trailblazer

Ha I guess the Blaster would be faster if you poured all kinds of money into it. It will handle better. I guess wtf? Why not just go the extra mile save your money on mods and buy a damn Banshee. Thats only my oppion though.

Old 12-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2STROKEFUMES
Ha I guess the Blaster would be faster if you poured all kinds of money into it. It will handle better. I guess wtf? Why not just go the extra mile save your money on mods and buy a damn Banshee. Thats only my oppion though.
my blaster with exhaust was just as stock as my dads warrior. whoever got the better launch woudl win. both bikes had 20inch rear tires and stock gearing. when 6th gear was maxed out he would pull away slowly because he had a few more mph top end than me. then when mine was jetted and had a filter i would win. how much are you looking to spend? a warrior would be better for someone in your weight range. a blaster is just to small. id say a raptor 660 should be an option to. or example (if you could find them at theses prices) if u spend 2800 for a warrior and 3800 for a raptor and take the 1000 ud save and put it to mods on the warrior teh raptor will still out perform it. warriors are nice and i was gona get one to replace my blaster but i was more of a 2 stroke fan so i was trying to find a banshee, but then came across a 2002 raptor and i coudlnt resist it. between a warrior and blaster id say ur best bet is a warrior. tehre grate bikes

Old 12-14-2006, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

i think that the blaster and the warrior will both perform very poorly in a XC setting considering ur weight (no offence!!) ... they are just too small!!!

i say definatly go with a banshee or a 660R if u can find one for the right price.....banshee's are out there for pretty cheep.....

oh plus banshee are very high (if not on top) of the list of moddable quads....the aftermarket for banshee's is HUGE!...possibilites are endlesss.....

Old 12-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Range Rover

The blaster would be too small for your size. It is pretty snappy but I don't think you would like it. Plus the warrior is pretty bullet proof. They're about dead even for speed. The warrior being a tiny bit faster.

Old 12-14-2006, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: way2fst
i think that the blaster and the warrior will both perform very poorly in a XC setting considering ur weight (no offence!!) ... they are just too small!!!

i say definatly go with a banshee or a 660R if u can find one for the right price.....banshee's are out there for pretty cheep.....

oh plus banshee are very high (if not on top) of the list of moddable quads....the aftermarket for banshee's is HUGE!...possibilites are endlesss.....
i think a warrior woudl be fine for his weight? if he was like 300+ id say go 4x4 or somethin but theres nothin rong with him bein on that bike. id go with the 660 tho. ud rather that over a warrior any day. go out and sit on a few and try ridin some.

Old 12-14-2006, 10:40 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: 2STROKEFUMES

because then he spends twice as much LOL

Get a blaster man, I just got mine today, I LOVE it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-15-2006, 12:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

In all honesty, if you're going to put a bunch of money into something, start out with a nicer machine and put a little less money into the aftermarket stuff. Sure, you can make these real fast if you put money into them, but it's still 20 year old technology. A blaster that goes as fast as a raptor is just a death trap unless you dump a bunch of money into the suspension too. The blaster would also simply be way too small for someone your size. They're designed more for 12 year olds than adult sized riders.

For your size and weight, I would recommend starting out with something like a raptor 660. I've seen nice ones sell for around $3,000. You will still probably want to put a little money into it, mainly in the suspension, but it shouldn't turn out into nearly as big of a money pit as a blaster and warrior can be to get their performance up to par.

Take a look at my Warrior and the mod list. (camera icon link to the left) It's a great machine, and there's not another one like it, but how much do you think I spent on it in 2 years? Take a guess.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:03 AM
Range Rover

You might consider a 400EX, faster than a Warrior and Blaster, they can be had for next to nothing and the suspension and geometry are better than both the other bikes + they are very reliable.

Tom

Old 12-15-2006, 01:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

True. The only bad thing I can say about the 400ex is that it doesn't have reverse, except for the most recent years. If he was initially considering a blaster though, with kick start and no reverse, then that probably won't bother him too much.

Quick Reply: Blaster vs. Warrior