Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 700efi modification trial and error info that may save you $$

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 700efi modification trial and error info that may save you $$

Raptor 700's YFI Computer uses seven sensors:water temp, crankshaft position, speed, INTAKE AIR TEMP AND PRESSURE, throttle position (TPS) and lean angle, to determine the fuel/air mixture.

You where correct to ditch the mods quad intake by the way! They suck, and they dont provide as good of performance as the prodesign, gytr or trinity. Square edges in the intake = BAD!

Old 12-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

well its dog pile on the new guy who was trying to help. you know what? I should have known better than to come into the "YAMAHA" forum and try and help anyone. I simply wrote what worked and didnt work for me and am being basically crusified and run off by a bunch of know it all aZZ holes. I was hoping to help others but thats fine. you win , you ran me off. your opinions are the only thing that matters . especially you 135boom . you laughed at me 7 times in your last nice post funny guy .if you see me in the sand somewhere dont stop and say hello, just keep on goin. this will be my last post in the yamaha forum .

Old 12-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: supersonictoys
well both the white brothers and the Trinty box have 3 buttons. a + and a - and a mode button and 8 led's . the mode button selects between low speed , mid range and high speed settings . once you have the mode set to the range you want to adjust one of the led's will be lit showing where this range is set now. push + to richen and - to lean . the leds will change accordingly to show the changes. how can it get any easier? so what happens if you pressure wash your bike or get caught in a down pour? even condensation can get to a power commander. I have had both and prefer this setup over the commander. its also about the size of a credit card and can be velcro mounted anywhere and enough length is left in the wiring to allow you to bring the unit out from under the seat and make adjustments while running the bike on the dyno

Have you even used a PCIII on the 700? I too can take mine from under the seat and have plenty of wire left over to have it out while sitting on the machine. I do it all the time while its connected to the laptop. Maybe its cause of the way I mounted mine or something? Not that there is really a need to on the PCIII, as there is plenty of USB cord to go around.....haha. All your tuning is done on the laptop, so you dont even really need to see the PCIII!
I really dont understand where you got that the PCIII is so fragile to inclement weather? I have ridden my street bike in the worst of weather and never had a problem. I also ride my 700 in the wet snow, water and ice all the time AND THEN at the end of the day power wash my quad. I have never had a problem. Like I said, unless you are submerging or absolutely douching the PCIII with a power washer, you should have NO problem! "condensation"......give me a break, your grasping at anything to make the PCIII look inferior and its not working. My question is still WHY? You look like your into performance, just suprises the heck out of me that you would go the cheap route for such a vital part in the machines performance!

Old 12-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: supersonictoys
well its dog pile on the new guy who was trying to help. you know what? I should have known better than to come into the "YAMAHA" forum and try and help anyone. I simply wrote what worked and didnt work for me and am being basically crusified and run off by a bunch of know it all aZZ holes. I was hoping to help others but thats fine. you win , you ran me off. your opinions are the only thing that matters . especially you 135boom . you laughed at me 7 times in your last nice post funny guy .if you see me in the sand somewhere dont stop and say hello, just keep on goin. this will be my last post in the yamaha forum .

Oh geez....did I hurt your little feelings or what? You came on here with the attitude the doebeck style TFI units are the best things sence sliced bread and that the PCIII's are not worth messing with. If you were truely trying to help people, you should have listened to what Randy was trying to say. IT WAS ALL TRUE!
What didnt work with the PCIII again? What I read is that it took you 4 hours to get a tune with the trinity setup. I didnt see any comparison between the PCIII and the trinity. You had already made up your mind which one is best and were trying to promote it like its THE controller to have. WELL, its not! Not even close. If your on a massive budget, than yeah....its better than not running anything at all. But what I would tell someone is WAIT till you have the money to do it right the first time. Even if its the only mod you do, atleast there is map out there for it to run w/o the lid and p-shooter and you'll have a pretty strong running machine without all the guess work!

I liked your idea of coming on here and giving results and "trying" to help. I am sure MANY yamaha riders would like to hear what you have to say. BUT, it wouldnt hurt to listen to someone with vast experience in an area, on a quad they know, that are ALSO trying to add good info and help. You wouldnt give though.....you wouldnt have what he had to say, or NOW, what I have to say. NOW you are just going to run away. I think thats lame.

Your info about the intake and exhaust was good info. Even your input on the TFI unit, UP TO A POINT. We can all get along.....just try to see other sides to things and listen to what others have to say. Randy happens to know quit a bit. I like to think I do too, to a certain extent.

If you dont want to believe either of us, go ahead and give Rocket factory a call, or another builder that knows a thing or two.

You start being a little more receptive to others factual info, and I'll stop being a dick and laughing at some of the things you say! I dont ride in the sand, so I wont be tempted to say hello anyway. Randy does though, and it would be nice if you could say hi back incase he does see you. No reason to hold a grudge cause he runs a different fuel controller!

Old 12-17-2006, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with boom and randy on this one. randy has helped many people on the forum and on the raptor one as well. The man knows whats up. I myself run a dobeck and have it dialed in pretty close. The dobeck was a easy grab up for me so i jumped on it....i am not saying it is the best way to go...it is the way i wanted to go. The pcIII or whatever is a nice piece of equipment. I went with one that floated my boat so i am happy. I don't care and nore should you if someone says one is better than the other. What a surprise that an argument like that would happen [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I love my raptor and its setup just like boom and randy like the way their raptors are set up. So after that rant...everyone have a Merry Christmas and a happy New year.

Old 12-17-2006, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YFZ450Hornet
I agree with boom and randy on this one. randy has helped many people on the forum and on the raptor one as well. The man knows whats up. I myself run a dobeck and have it dialed in pretty close. The dobeck was a easy grab up for me so i jumped on it....i am not saying it is the best way to go...it is the way i wanted to go. The pcIII or whatever is a nice piece of equipment. I went with one that floated my boat so i am happy. I don't care and nore should you if someone says one is better than the other. What a surprise that an argument like that would happen [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I love my raptor and its setup just like boom and randy like the way their raptors are set up. So after that rant...everyone have a Merry Christmas and a happy New year.
Hey man, I dont think anyone should get flamed for what they choose to run on there machine and I dont think that is what Randy or I did. He was making claims and statements that were flawed or just plain untrue, or exaggerated. The doebeck works, just like you said. I dont have a problem with you or anyone else that wants to run it.... BUT, I will speak up when false things are being said about it vs the PCIII and when others are possibly being mis-led with inaccurate or not entirely true info. I think that is all Randy was doing....shedding some more light on the subject.
At the end of the day, I wont recomend the doebeck, like I have said....but I also dont have a problem with people that do run it. I am plenty happy with your setup if you are. Thats all that matters. Sounds like you probably got a deal on it.............
Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you and yours as well!

Old 12-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

WELL.........
I've read ALL this thread and I think theirs VERY GOOD info here (from everyone) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The only experience I've had with the PCIII was on Harley-Davidsons. It worked great with that motor and had an ease for tunning.

supersonictoys please take NO offense to RaptorRandy27, He's helped LOTS of noobs with his experiences with the PCIII.

YOU (supersonictoys) are also a wealth of knowledge and your "opinions & expertise" are much desired. Please rethink your actions and stick with us......... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If not I understand.......... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2006, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

YOU (supersonictoys) are also a wealth of knowledge and your "opinions & expertise" are much desired. Please rethink your actions and stick with us......... If not I understand..........

I agree, It was never my intention to make you feel unwelcome in the Yamaha forum.

I was sincere in my last post to you on the subject and wish you would accept the apology I offered [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally posted by: Bigdaddy660R supersonictoys please take NO offense to RaptorRandy27, He's helped LOTS of noobs with his experiences with the PCIII.
Yeah, what he said, he even helps old bald headed ugly farts with their 700Rs and PCIIIs [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks guys [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I hope Sonic reads this, reconsiders....and decides to stick around the Yamaha forums. Were actually a pretty good bunch of people once you get to know us [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Raptor 700efi modification trial and error info that may save you $$