Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ebay vs. OEM front/rear bearings?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ebay vs. OEM front/rear bearings?

need to do the bearings on the warrior and was wondering if i should save myself a ton of money by getting the bearings and seals off ebay for CHEAP compared to OEM. has anyone tried the inexpensive bearings off ebay and if so what is the difference in quality, if any? Thanks for the help, happy holidays.

Old 12-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the cheap ones are sealed and you'll have the replace again in prolly a few months

Old 12-20-2006, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

even if i have to do them again, for the price it almost seems worth it. plus it gives me an excuse to get out of the house.

Old 12-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!

If the bearings are 2RS ( two rubber seals) it is easy enough to pop them off to pack more grease in,or leave them open, so I see no problem using them. I used them in the front end of my Wolverine to replace the open bearings Yamaha installed, I left the outside seal in, took out the inside,and packed more grease in, no problems in a few years.

Old 12-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

that is what i wanted to hear. they are so cheap i am going to get 2 sets, and the fact that yours have lasted this long makes me happy. thanks for the input!

Old 12-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Anything you buy on ebay is a shot in the dark. You never know until you get it, or maybe 2 days later when it craps out on you.

So I guess the question is... are you feeling lucky? I'd rather spend more on some bearings that I know will be good, either Pivot works or OEM stuff would be my pick. I hate fixing things more than I really need to.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

shoot i spent $100 for some really sick bearings that is pretty much indestructible... that was in i think either spring 04 or fall 04 and man.. they have been through hell... idk how they are still holding together

Old 12-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

has anyone tried the inexpnsive bearings and had them fail soon after they were installed? im leaning toward the cheapos, i just would like some first hand experience of the failure to get me to spend 100+, hey if this was a month earlier or a month later i would just get oem but im broke because of this corporate holiday we call christmas.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Which bearings are you replacing? Axle? Swingarm? Front wheel bearings?

Old 12-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

i had ebay ones in my old bike and they lasted a year. by me there is a place that only deals with bearings and seals and i went in with mine and my dads and they measured them up and came back with a set for each of us and the seals. it was 7.50 for the bearins and seals for my blaster and 8.00 for my dads warrior. that was 2 years ago and his are still fine. since then i sold my blaster but my friend bought it from me and there still fine. for my raptor i was in a jam for time and went to yamaha and payed out the *** for them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]. ur auto parts store might have em and if not coudl probly get em. even if u replace the ebay ones 2x a year its still cheeper but its just the work. is it worth havin to do them 2x a year or would u rather just do in like 2years or whenever they go bad

Quick Reply: ebay vs. OEM front/rear bearings?