Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

07'wolverine 450 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07'wolverine 450 4x4

here's my first post, just got this 07' i like it so far don't have many miles on it about 25, anyone on here have an 06' or 07', when do the break in? what is the top speed?, i ordered the yamaha aftermarket exhaust, k&n air filter and just put in the iridium dr8eix plug, is there a cdi card available yet? any other mod's that will bring the top end up?

Old 12-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Trailblazer

Not to sound like a but but do a search on those things, thats alot of questions thats all been answered. Happy holidays

Old 12-23-2006, 07:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks, i'll check it out

Old 12-26-2006, 01:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think the factory recommends not more than 50% throttle for the first 100miles or 10hrs; and not more than 75% throttle for the next 100 miles or 10hrs - variable speeds during the whole process. Then again, some people never break motors in and they claim they work just fine. I try to follow the break in procedures as much as possible, but telling someone that they can't punch the throttle on a brand new quad is unrealistic. I think the important thing is that you vary your speed constantly during the break-in period even if you go over the 50% throttle guideline.

Stock top speed - 54 -55 mph.

Top speed after gytr exhaust, k&N, fuel jetting - 54 - 55 mph

Don't expect top end out of these mods as they can help power in the low to mid range. And of course make it sound much cooler.

I don't believe that there is a card available yet, but I could be wrong (often am) - if you hear of one let me know.

Old 12-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: ryan32608
I think the factory recommends not more than 50% throttle for the first 100miles or 10hrs; and not more than 75% throttle for the next 100 miles or 10hrs - variable speeds during the whole process. Then again, some people never break motors in and they claim they work just fine. I try to follow the break in procedures as much as possible, but telling someone that they can't punch the throttle on a brand new quad is unrealistic. I think the important thing is that you vary your speed constantly during the break-in period even if you go over the 50% throttle guideline.

Stock top speed - 54 -55 mph.

Top speed after gytr exhaust, k&N, fuel jetting - 54 - 55 mph

Don't expect top end out of these mods as they can help power in the low to mid range. And of course make it sound much cooler.

I don't believe that there is a card available yet, but I could be wrong (often am) - if you hear of one let me know.
thanks for the info, i see on here there's not to many 06'-07' wolverine owners, there still new out there, i ordered my gytr exhaust, jet kit and k&n filter, not going to clutch yet, waiting to see if the cdi card comes out, if i can get it to 60, i'd be real happy, had to 53 so far, still new only 100 miles on it, any other trick's out there for these animal's to get to 60

Old 12-27-2006, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: WOLVERINE07
thanks for the info, i see on here there's not to many 06'-07' wolverine owners, there still new out there, i ordered my gytr exhaust, jet kit and k&n filter, not going to clutch yet, waiting to see if the cdi card comes out, if i can get it to 60, i'd be real happy, had to 53 so far, still new only 100 miles on it, any other trick's out there for these animal's to get to 60
There are a few of us Wolverine 450 4x4 owners on here. I bought a HMF Sport pipe and a jet kit so far. I am very happy with the power increase but it's a little loud. I just ordered a quiet core insert. If it quiets it down even a little it will be okay with me. Maybe I am just too old for an aftermarket exhaust. (lol) I only have about 65 miles or so and I haven't had the occasion to take it WOT for all that long so I cannot comment on the top speed ability yet but the pipe made a *huge* difference!

One thing I have not done yet is an air filter upgrade. Can anyone reccomend a free flowing kit(filter)? I would like something that still filters well also without any unnecessary wear. What about K&N?

I have also upgraded the suspension to an Elka kit. I was never real happy with the harsh ride from the factory suspension and even though it was expensive I am *very* pleased with the kit. The front is just a standard replacement shock and preload adjustable spring, and the rear is with remote resovoir and compression and rebound adjustability. I am pretty much set on where it needs to be for the combination of rutted out trails, rocks, and some muddy areas. Unlike the stock parts, it's comfortable over a wide varity of terrain and still won't bottom out unless I try to get crazy air, but that isn't what this quad was made for. I have also noticed a great increase in traction over most terrain as well. I will follow up with more info as I get some more time on it but I don't regret it one minute.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: u1arunit
There are a few of us Wolverine 450 4x4 owners on here. I bought a HMF Sport pipe and a jet kit so far. I am very happy with the power increase but it's a little loud. I just ordered a quiet core insert. If it quiets it down even a little it will be okay with me. Maybe I am just too old for an aftermarket exhaust. (lol) I only have about 65 miles or so and I haven't had the occasion to take it WOT for all that long so I cannot comment on the top speed ability yet but the pipe made a *huge* difference!

One thing I have not done yet is an air filter upgrade. Can anyone reccomend a free flowing kit(filter)? I would like something that still filters well also without any unnecessary wear. What about K&N?

nice post, the K&N air filter # is YA-3504, should make some difference w/ the pipe and jet kit, i also put an slp 2-1/2" pre-filter disk on top of my air box to get some more air thru there, i did it to my new phazer snowmobile and it made a huge difference

I have also upgraded the suspension to an Elka kit. I was never real happy with the harsh ride from the factory suspension and even though it was expensive I am *very* pleased with the kit. The front is just a standard replacement shock and preload adjustable spring, and the rear is with remote resovoir and compression and rebound adjustability. I am pretty much set on where it needs to be for the combination of rutted out trails, rocks, and some muddy areas. Unlike the stock parts, it's comfortable over a wide varity of terrain and still won't bottom out unless I try to get crazy air, but that isn't what this quad was made for. I have also noticed a great increase in traction over most terrain as well. I will follow up with more info as I get some more time on it but I don't regret it one minute.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

Nice post, the K&N air filter # is YA-3504, should make some difference w/ the pipe and jet kit, i also put an slp 2-1/2" pre-filter disk on top of my air box to get some more air thru there, i did it to my new phazer snowmobile and it made a huge difference
Thanks for the quick reply. I am going to order an upgraded filter asap. Where do you buy the pre filter discs?

Old 12-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: u1arunit
Nice post, the K&N air filter # is YA-3504, should make some difference w/ the pipe and jet kit, i also put an slp 2-1/2" pre-filter disk on top of my air box to get some more air thru there, i did it to my new phazer snowmobile and it made a huge difference
Thanks for the quick reply. I am going to order an upgraded filter asap. Where do you buy the pre filter discs?
i have an account with AUTOMATIC DIST. out of MAINE, but you can get them thru SLP direct

Old 12-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Trailblazer

I just bought a new 07 Wolverine also. I will be using MotoMan's break in process. http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Quick Reply: 07'wolverine 450 4x4