ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Yamaha (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/)
-   -   Wolverine 450-EPI clutch kit (https://atvconnection.com/forums/yamaha/256939-wolverine-450-epi-clutch-kit.html)

SBuckJ 01-11-2007 04:36 PM

Wolverine 450-EPI clutch kit

You should try an EPI kit squeege. It definitely gave me a quicker takeoff on my Kodiak 450. I had a local shop install and they said in one block, most kodiaks they had hit 25MPH. After this clutch kit they said in the same block they got an extra 5-6MPH. Nice adjustment with tires that grab.
Buck

WinchedWolvy 01-14-2007 10:11 PM

I just put my epi clutch kit in my 06 wolvy and had the same spring problems as stated before,i got them in but they were difficult yet possible,seems like a good amount more punch but still havent got the wheels up high,but i have 26" tires on it also,i just got 80 miles on it so i figured it was time to add some goodies to it.

squeege 01-14-2007 10:20 PM

That will be on my wish list.........I just installed a billet end-cap that I hadn't seen before on that auction site. It looks and sounds real good...... I'm happy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

WinchedWolvy 01-14-2007 10:23 PM

any power gains from that end cap? i was looking into the gytr exhaust for mine and a k&n filter to help the pooch out.

squeege 01-14-2007 10:28 PM

Actually, with the filter and jet kit I got.......I did feel a little more power

I don't think I gained a whole lot but it was worth every penny at $29.95 plus shipping.....arrived in like 2 days

WinchedWolvy 01-14-2007 10:51 PM

im doing my jet kit after i get all the stuff i want for it,they say it makes a good difference wihen you add them all at once

ctateusa1 01-17-2007 10:36 AM

Ok I finnally was able to go out and try the top speed with the clutch kit.
I dropped about 4-5 mph on top end but you get there a lot quicker.
It does wheelie easier and farther when you get used to it.
You do have a lag especially when trying to back up at first till you get enough revs to move.
I think it will be great when I can really get out on the trails and try it out more.

WinchedWolvy 01-17-2007 10:43 AM

Originally posted by: ctateusa1
You do have a lag especially when trying to back up at first till you get enough revs to move.
I think it will be great when I can really get out on the trails and try it out more.
Ive got the same lag as you,but as far as i can tell it does get up there alot faster,what size tires and wheels are you using?

u1arunit 01-17-2007 10:45 AM

Originally posted by: ctateusa1
It's good news that you get there faster but I am not sure that I am ready to lose 4-5 MPH on the top end. If the quad did 75-80MPH stock that would be no big deal for me. Huuummmm... what to do...

ctateusa1 01-17-2007 02:12 PM

Ive got the same lag as you,but as far as i can tell it does get up there alot faster,what size tires and wheels are you using?[/quote]

I have the stock wheels and tires right now, sometime I will update the wheels and tires.