Old 03-14-2007, 03:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOLVERINE 07 450 4X4 RED LIGHT BLINKING IN NEUTRAL

The blinking light is a trouble light.

From what I understand it provides a light for various conditions:

1. Rev Limter has been reached
2. A lean condition

It isn't warning you not to shift.. lol.. It's telling you not to rev in nuetral or park.. Hitting a hard rev limiter is bad for business..

Old 03-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: illtuned

2. A lean condition

It isn't warning you not to shift.. lol.. It's telling you not to rev in nuetral or park.. Hitting a hard rev limiter is bad for business..
Nice try, but it doesn't mean either.

As far as the lean condition, the ATV doesn't have any idea of it's rich or lean. There is NO feedback to the module of what the Air Fuel Ratio is. The only indication, and the best one, is a correct plug reading.

Where did you get this mis-information??

Old 03-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Trailblazer

Old 03-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: u1arunit

2. A lean condition

As far as the lean condition, the ATV doesn't have any idea of it's rich or lean. There is NO feedback to the module of what the Air Fuel Ratio is. The only indication, and the best one, is a correct plug reading.

I really don't care if you believe me or not. This info came from the horse's mouth. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Try it and find out.

It MOST CERTAINLY represents you hitting the rev limiter. Go pick up a service manual if you want. Or call any reputable Yamaha tech.

*edit- Do you know how a hard rev limiter works? It cuts fuel - creating a major lean condition. This happens when you bounce off the rev limiter. Easy enough to understand. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Peace.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

2. A lean condition

I really don't care if you believe me or not. This info came from the horse's mouth. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Try it and find out.

It MOST CERTAINLY represents you hitting the rev limiter. Go pick up a service manual if you want. Or call any reputable Yamaha tech.

*edit- Do you know how a hard rev limiter works? It cuts fuel - creating a major lean condition. This happens when you bounce off the rev limiter. Easy enough to understand. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Peace.
It doesn't cut fuel. I don't know about yours but mine has a carb. The carb isn't electronic and there isn't anything to cut the fuel when it hits the rev limiter. Sorry, but I don't buy your story.

Regarding your source.. Who and where did you get your info? I have the Yamaha manuals in printed form and in DVD format. Can you please tell me where in either source you got your info from?

You probably don't understand how it works and are listening to someone who isn't very knoledgable regarding this particular applicaton. Please don't tell me someone who works at the dealer as they don't know how half these vehicles work.

I am anxiously awaiting your response. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

MINES DOES IT AS WELL,HOW CAN I ADJUST THE LINKAGE MINES DOESNT GO INTO PARK SO EASY AFTER I FELL OVER.I GUESS MY KNEE HIT THE SHIFTER REAL HARD

Old 03-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

One thing we all agree on is that it wasnt like this when we purchased it new. I thought it was the linkage but after adjusting it and adjusting it , I fail to get it to stop blinking.

Old 03-14-2007, 08:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

It doesn't cut fuel. I don't know about yours but mine has a carb. The carb isn't electronic and there isn't anything to cut the fuel when it hits the rev limiter. Sorry, but I don't buy your story.

Regarding your source.. Who and where did you get your info? I have the Yamaha manuals in printed form and in DVD format. Can you please tell me where in either source you got your info from?

You probably don't understand how it works and are listening to someone who isn't very knoledgable regarding this particular applicaton. Please don't tell me someone who works at the dealer as they don't know how half these vehicles work.

I am anxiously awaiting your response. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
IT'S BLINKING BECAUSE YOU HAVE HIT THE REV LIMITER. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I understand quite well how things work. I've been doing this for 30 years. I work, play and teach in the industry. I'm not the one with the blinking light problems. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

It's a warning light / limiter warning. As someone has previously mentioned. I have confirmed this with several people. You don't want to shift into gear while it's blinking. It's a simple warning for free reving. It's common on other Yamaha. Not just the Wolverine.

Have a nice day.

*edited for spelling

Old 03-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

REV limiter???

When you start this buggy up cold, it still blinks and you dont even touch the rev limiter button. Well since you are sincere how the heck do you get these yamahas to stop blinking

Old 03-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

IT'S BLINKING BECAUSE YOU HAVE HIT THE REV LIMITER. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Actually you don't need to hit the rev limiter for this to happen, just free rev it a bit. If you have had it happen you'd notice that the light stays blinking after you have revved it.

Originally posted by: illtunedI understand quite well how things work. I've been doing this for 30 years. I work, play and teach in the industry. I'm not the one with the blinking light problems. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
You might not have blinking light problems but if you think that the ATV cuts fuel as a rev limiter I sure am glad that you haven't taught me as I would have it wrong as well. I guess that you finally agree with me on this as you have so cleverly refused to rebut my theory with any proof besides what you previously thought.

Originally posted by: illtunedIt's a warning light / limiter warning. As someone has previously mentioned. I have confirmed this with several people. You don't want to shift into gear while it's blinking. It's a simple warning for free reving. It's common on other Yamaha. Not just the Wolverine.

Have a nice day.
You're a little late to the party in this old post but thanks for reassuring what we already know now. If you know so much why the need to confirm it with several people? Just wondering..

Okay now it's time for you to explain how the non-feedback type carb system is going to pull fuel.

I save you the time actually. It simply doesn't. This particular system pulls spark when you hit the actual rev limiter and in doing so it actually goes rich for a moment as there is extra fuel that has been metered that doesn't get properly burned.

Okay enough chit chat for now.

Regards,

Quick Reply: WOLVERINE 07 450 4X4 RED LIGHT BLINKING IN NEUTRAL