Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

blaster or z250

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007 | 10:02 AM
Trailblazer
Default blaster or z250

Fastest i would go with the yfz.. not because i have 1 but because my friend has an ltr and has been though 4 trannies in 8 mounths and his motor is about to blow

Old 02-14-2007 | 05:39 PM
|
Range Rover
Default blaster or z250

Originally posted by: Raptor450
Originally posted by: hammertyme
actually i am going to go with the z
Id go with the Blaster, not because I like Yamahas, but they are good bikes if you treat them right. If you get them jetted properly from the start and mix your gas & oil right, and dont hold it pen for long periods, it will last forever. Parts are cheap and plentiful for Blasters, and if you ougrow it, put some performance parts on it! You gonna do that with a Z250? Whens the last time you saw a grown man on a Z250? Ive seen plenty of men still riding Blasters. But If your dad is forking out the greenbacks, you gotta go with his choice.
how fast does it go in like 3rd gear like i said before my dad says it would smoke and break down to much and my mom dont care

Old 02-14-2007 | 05:51 PM
|
Range Rover
Default blaster or z250

i know im going to end up with the z or trx250ex.also if u held in the trx250ex clutch and let out on a good size hill for it would it roost?

Old 02-14-2007 | 07:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default blaster or z250

you should throw a good deal more dirt on either quad then on the raptor 80....
the z250 and the 250ex are both really nice bikes..
honda has a cool clutch setup but you can get a manuel clutch conversion for the suzuk...so it really comes down to one all important thing......your favorite color

Old 02-14-2007 | 07:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default blaster or z250

one more thing.....your dad knows very little about 2 strokes.....they dont require much more maintenance then 4 strokes....and on blasters you dont even have to premix!....however, your dad may be right about one thing....a z250 or a 250ex may be a better bike for you mainly because they make great trail bikes and can handle muddy rocky trail type conditions better than blasters. the price tag of the blaster is really nice and they respond great to mods. but stock for stock, the z250 250ex and blaster are all pretty much the same. i say get a blaster only if you are planing on racing on an mx track, or if you have the luxury of having dunes nearby, otherwise, based on what you have said, i think that one of the 4 strokes may be a better bike for you...

Old 02-14-2007 | 10:39 PM
|
Range Rover
Default blaster or z250

Originally posted by: way2fst
one more thing.....your dad knows very little about 2 strokes.....they dont require much more maintenance then 4 strokes....and on blasters you dont even have to premix!....however, your dad may be right about one thing....a z250 or a 250ex may be a better bike for you mainly because they make great trail bikes and can handle muddy rocky trail type conditions better than blasters. the price tag of the blaster is really nice and they respond great to mods. but stock for stock, the z250 250ex and blaster are all pretty much the same. i say get a blaster only if you are planing on racing on an mx track, or if you have the luxury of having dunes nearby, otherwise, based on what you have said, i think that one of the 4 strokes may be a better bike for you...
your exakly right

Old 02-14-2007 | 10:55 PM
|
Range Rover
Default blaster or z250

what about the rartor 350.im about 5'3 and 100 lbs

Old 02-14-2007 | 10:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default blaster or z250

Originally posted by: hammertyme
Originally posted by: way2fst
your exakly right
Dido
Blaster has no reverse sometimes nice on trails. It's alittle light for mud. In Minnesota if you ride on DNR trails the Blaster with an aftermarket pipe may not cut it. Some of these trails will test how much noise you make and have limits. You would have to check the DNR website to see which ones.

Old 02-14-2007 | 11:04 PM
|
Range Rover
Default blaster or z250

see thats what i heard and it has no reverse i kinda likin the trx250ex at larson cycle.com its preety cool

Old 02-14-2007 | 11:29 PM
Trailblazer
Default blaster or z250

Wow, just go for the blaster don't make the same mistake I did and miss out on it. You can make those bad boys quick my friend has one. Got some mods and keeps up with my friends yfz. Oh and don't let your dad pay for it I didn't so now I can do whatever I want with it.

Quick Reply: blaster or z250