Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

snow plow for warrior

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default snow plow for warrior

ssoo i want to put some type of snowplow on my warrior.. i know there was one person on here that did this before.. but i don't see any posts about it.. ssoo where i am at right now is... finding ones already done, or laying out a way to mount it and lift it... any ideas?

Old 02-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know that old small plows show up in the back of lawn mower shops from time to time. I would get some angle iron, U-bolts, and just see how stuff lines up. The biggest problem might be skid plates. You might have to remove your engine skid plate so you can U-bolt to the frame. You also have to clear that skinny section between the a-arms. The plow also has to be far enough out where it can be at an angle and miss your tires.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

well my dad has a plow for his 69 allis chalmers b-110... we also have a fockin amazing snowblower that throws ice 50' .. so what i was thinking is mounting the snowplow on my warrior(for just quick plowing) and put the snowblower on the tractor for the deeper stuff...(like today) i spent almoist 2 hours plowing a 25x35 driveway and it was just not getting anywhere.. mainly because it doesn't plow well... i know that the warrior could blast through that stuff and push it where it needs to go no problem.. i will probably buy a cheap winch to raise and lower it.. i am thinknig of taking steel and making a bracket for the bottom to help even the load in the front.. so anyway.. i am just triyng to figure out the best way to make a bracket(so there isn't a bunch of front end weight)

Old 02-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

How much snow are you talking about plowing? My warrior sucks in snow that is more than 6 or 8 inches deep. Can't even imagine it with the weight of a plow on the front trying to plow in 2WD. If you only plowing 4 inches or less, I suppose it would work, just can't forsee you getting a whole lot of traction with the added weight on the front plus being 2wd.

Just my thoughts.

Old 02-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

yea i only plan on plowing(atmost) 6 inches with this.. i just want the warrior plow for not so thick shhit.. just so i don't have to shovel

Old 02-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use a 325 Trail Boss ,thats 2-wheel drive ,

I adapted a snow blade from a old riding lawn mower ,buddy had a old front rack off of another machine that I made to fit ,made a lift lever on the front rack .the snow blade goes all the way to the rear hitch ,and a pin holds it on ,also have a stabilizer bracket to keep it strait in the front ,works good so long as I'm not trying to push wet heavy snow ,then it's snowblower time .

Old 02-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

I put a plow on the front of my warrior and it works awesome!!! Spent a few nights in the garage engineering, fabbing and welding. Made a bracket for the winch that mount directly to the frame. The plow support bracket is mounted to the frame and is removed in less than a minute. The plow pivots on the support bracket and can be removed in 30 seconds with 2 hair-pin clips. The plow is able to be positioned in three positions, pivot left, straighht and pivot right

Here are some pics.

Warrior snowplow

Old 02-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like a great setup.

My cousin has a 330 outlander that is 2wd it works fine for plowing. If your tires are spinning your just trying to push too much snow. Only go 1/2 a blade then rather than a full blade.