Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2007 Grizzly 700FI

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 04:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Grizzly 700FI

After much debate between this and a 2006 Arctic Cat 700, I purchased a Grizzly this morning. I could have got the AC for a couple of payments cheaper but when it came down to it I wanted the Yammy for weight difference and my past pleasent experience with Yamaha products vs AC products and support. Every time I looked at the AC it just seemed bigger to me and knowing how and where I ride, I didn't want to have to haul the extra weight out of bogs and the Yamaha just seemed to fit better from seat of the pants testing.

I got it with 2500 lb winch, 60" Moose County plow, 26" MudLites and 18 months warranty for a little less then MSRP. I'm trying to get them to track down a Silver SE edition that we have here in Canada or a Camo but if they can't, Yammy Blue. Can anyone comment on the durability of the painted finishes and the Camo on the 07s? It'll have to last me a long time so I don't want it to look like poop after a season.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:05 PM
DS2
Range Rover

Congratulations! My camo is holding up fine so far. It's been in the woods, mud and I brushed my truck bumper and nothing happened to either.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well I got him to look for a Camo or Silver. No Silver in the country yet and while he could have a Camo in two weeks, I don't want to wait and he won't give it to me for free and the cost difference would buy me a nice rack seat/box unit for letting the kids on while I plow so I'll stick with Blue. I love the Camo but I grow tired of those things and it would drive me nuts if it didn't hold up.

I'll hopefully get it on Friday, giving out for a snow storm on Saturday and I have to leave on business for a week. Hopefully all the parts for the plow come in so I can give it a test.

I'm excited. For the first time in my life, I didn't ask the wife and to my surprise I wasn't shot dead when I told her. My last quad was 3 years ago. It was a Honda 400 AT and while it treated me well, I didn't enjoy it as it was dog slow, rode too hard and like all things honda, did nothing for me aside what it was supposed to. It was a hastle to use it where I lived at the time so I sold it after 10 months with only 300 km on the dial. Just looking at the Grizzly makes me happy.

Old 02-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider

Congratulations. You made a great choice. I was on the fence between an AC 700 and a KQ 700 before the 700 Griz
was announced. Either one of AC or KQ would have been very good also but I just decided the Griz had potential to be great regardless of first year gremlins.
All the solid colors will show scratches so just accept it and don't fret. On my second ride I got led down a very narrow switchback loaded with manzanita. So my green isn't very pretty anymore until you start appreciating the performance and overlook the glitz.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:25 PM
Range Rover

Takin my Kodiak to the dealer tomorrow, he called today and wanted to see it. The price is still in the works, minus my wheels and tires, but it is looking good for a blue '07 Grizzly 700 in the driveway on Sat. I have yet to ride the 700, but I don't think I will be disappointed. I might have to change my name to captainsgrizz...haha.

Old 02-22-2007, 02:52 AM
Range Rover

I find that the more i ride my Grizz 700 the more i love it.Best atv i've owned and ridden.Great choice!!!

Old 02-22-2007, 08:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: captainskodiak
Takin my Kodiak to the dealer tomorrow, he called today and wanted to see it. The price is still in the works, minus my wheels and tires, but it is looking good for a blue '07 Grizzly 700 in the driveway on Sat. I have yet to ride the 700, but I don't think I will be disappointed. I might have to change my name to captainsgrizz...haha.
Are the stock wheels good enough or should I look into getting him to put on a new set before I pick it up?

Old 02-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

Just depends on what kind of riding you plan on doing... The stockers are just fine if you plan on doing mostly trail riding, with the occasional mudding... If you plan on doing anything else more extreme than that, then I would definately start looking at tires that would meet the needs of what you plan on doing...

Old 02-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Range Rover

bagadonitz, where are you from in canada??? what dealer are you dealing with if you don't mind me asking? reason is, silver SE's are available in canada. We got 3 silver SE's back in mid january.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Range Rover

ATV scene,has acouple good articles of the 700.Lance is one of their test riders,he had stated that the Grizz tires are one of the best OEM he's riden on.That being said,i would match your riding terrain to a new set of tires(ie.big horns,mudzilla's,ETC).I found that the stock offset of the wheels too narrow on the rear.The tires didn't come out to the fender flare.I put a set of ITP 4's on.Where i ride we have to squeeze around trees and with the wider track there is less fender rubbing along those very trees.

Congrtas on the new ride.

m/m.

Quick Reply: 2007 Grizzly 700FI