Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

NEW BANSHEE

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW BANSHEE

APRIL Dirtwheels says its true! The new banshee will have the 500 phaser snowmobile engine or otherwise known as 1/2 of the R1 crotchrocket engine that should be capable of 1/2 the 170 hp the bike's 1000cc engine puts out......so far they are looking at a cvt or 6 speed. What do you think? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default NEW BANSHEE

if they put a cvt in it im going to kill myself.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default NEW BANSHEE

i dont have the mag, so IF its for real and not and april fools joke, then i voting for the 6 speed. i can deal with an engine change and redesign of it to correct its past problems but they cant make it look exactly like or name it a Raptor. Must be dual exhaust too.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEW BANSHEE

DW is a little slow, Motodirt blog had this little tid-bit back in July

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>

http://motodirt.blogspot.com/2006_07_01_archive.html

Sunday, July 23, 2006Sunday, July 23, 2006
ATV DIRT: YAMAHA

Our spies are telling us that Yamaha engineers are currently working on two new models that are said to be close to ready for release as early as 2007. After emissions regulations forced Yamaha to kill the Blaster and the Banshee, the Blue factory will be slated to lose two very big sellers.

While there has been speculation that the new Raptor 700 is the replacement for the Banshee as well as the old Raptor 660, there is recent dirt that is saying otherwise. Our spies tell us that there has been some testing of a twin cylinder 500cc machine that is said to be a 12,000 RPM screamer of a street bike engine. Aimed at the dune lovers who made the Banshee a hit for 20 years, this rumored machine is said to be only in prototype stage and our Yamaha contact is telling us there is nothing to it. But our spies contend there is considerable man power working on a prototype. Well keep you tuned in.

However, the same cannot be said for the rumored YFZ250 that is supposed to drop is early 2007. Based on the powerful YZ250-F dirt bike engine, the YFZ250 is said to be a ready to pop entry level racer with a 44" wide track and a 325-pound dry weight. Rumors were not confirmed by Yamaha but they were not denied either. The fact that it is supposed to carry the YFZ badge and not the Blaster or Raptor badge should tell you all you need to know about this little screamer. It is said to use a modified version of the Blaster frame, much like the Raptor-350 uses the same base frame box design as the old Warrior.

posted by motoguru at 3:08 PM 0 comments

Old 02-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default NEW BANSHEE

LOL, April issue? This is dirtwheels April fools joke. Haha jokes on you!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2007, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default NEW BANSHEE

IDK, but anything is possible.

I had to call about missing mags cause dirtwheels hasn't sent any this year till just now. (april issue) I was like, Where are january, feb, march, ect....???

Old 02-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default NEW BANSHEE

If yamaha does that they deserve to be shot. The banshee is a classic two stroke, leave it at that. Name the new quad something else, leave the million banshee owners to their real banshees.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default NEW BANSHEE

if it is for real why not let them try to improve it? declaring it a "classic 2 stroke" and letting it die - is that better than improving it?

if thats the case no OEM in any sector should try to improve on anything. lets drive model Ts and never reach 50mph and bounce around on bumpy@ss dirt roads with no real shocks. lets still have ships to cross the oceans in several weeks and no planes to get our cargo or travel. lets throw mobile phones, computers and every adnvancement including electricity away because candles, print presses, and telegraph machines got the job done and were classics...hey lets just go back to horse and buggy - that was classic...

speaking in pure performance and not monetary or colletor value here and not putting down it but - would you still want the original vette with a I-6 making 150hp or new LS7 or Z06 one they make now (which goes up against supercars and whips their @sses in handling, refinement and power, everyday livability for a fraction of the price)?

yes some of these examples are me being an @ss. i said it to draw a comparison of what was and what could be.

i admit the banshee was and is a unique machine in its last official state, but a whole new era can begin if they remake it according to the "spy" reports... if its true....

Old 02-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Trailblazer
Default NEW BANSHEE

if its true then i dont know if they should keep the same name....they probably should change it...but i dont know dont really care what they name it but i think if they bring the blaster and banshee back as 4 strokes they will still be big sellers

Old 02-25-2007, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default NEW BANSHEE

Originally posted by: twentycharacters
if it is for real why not let them try to improve it? declaring it a "classic 2 stroke" and letting it die - is that better than improving it?

if thats the case no OEM in any sector should try to improve on anything. lets drive model Ts and never reach 50mph and bounce around on bumpy@ss dirt roads with no real shocks. lets still have ships to cross the oceans in several weeks and no planes to get our cargo or travel. lets throw mobile phones, computers and every adnvancement including electricity away because candles, print presses, and telegraph machines got the job done and were classics...hey lets just go back to horse and buggy - that was classic...

speaking in pure performance and not monetary or colletor value here and not putting down it but - would you still want the original vette with a I-6 making 150hp or new LS7 or Z06 one they make now (which goes up against supercars and whips their @sses in handling, refinement and power, everyday livability for a fraction of the price)?

yes some of these examples are me being an @ss. i said it to draw a comparison of what was and what could be.

i admit the banshee was and is a unique machine in its last official state, but a whole new era can begin if they remake it according to the "spy" reports... if its true....
Improve it??? The aftermarket has already imrpoved the banshee beyond what any manufactur can do so, yup, its better they let if die as a classic two stroke... Mainly because the banshee will never die out. There are too many of them running around and the aftermarket is too big to allow it to die out like quadzilla for instance. Any your vette question, I would take to old one, you can only go 75 anyway.... if yamaha changes it is a dumb move and there will be a lot of ticked off banshee owners... Go to bansheehq, there is a big deal about this over there and they all think the same as I do.. dumb move, call the quad something else.

Quick Reply: NEW BANSHEE