Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Exhaust Tip on Bruin

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 07:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Tip on Bruin

I have searched these forums to try and answer my question but it seems 50/50. If I buy one of them 2" exhaust tips will I have to re-jet or just adjust the fuel screw? I don't really feel like messing with my carb, if I have to I might as well buy the k/n air filter and jet kit at the same time. I am anticipating a lil power loss when I mount my 25" mudlite xl's .
Thanks for any help guys.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Its posible for the tip to lean things out enough to require some modest rejetting. Depends alot, on what else you do. If you remove the air box lid or drill holes in it, then for sure rejetting needs to be done.
Dont believe the hype on those tips...the gains are almost all psyhological (louder equals more HP).
Dont be afraid of jetting...if you can change your own oil, and do modest repairs, you can handle it. Heres a good link to do it yourself jettingjetting

Old 02-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

Were did you find a new tip at? west350 i havent been able to find one i took the whole baffle out of my raptor and didnt rejet and rode it for almost a year before i got a pipe and rejetted and to be honest on it i felt really no power gain between removing the baffle and the new pipe i got a good gain when i removed it..

Old 02-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Pro Rider

2fast, I found them on ebay

Hondabuster, do you think I would be better off buying the 'stage 1 powerkit ' with the k/n and jet kit instead of that powertip? I have done no mods to my airbox, I ride in too muddy of condition for that.

Well I took it for its first spin w/ the mudlite xl's today, it was short and now I can't wait till sunday to really test them out. It seems to hook up really good in 4x4 when I was riding through some snow rutted trails( i was just hanging on and it was going forward like crazy). I went through the mud pit outback like nothing, but I did manage to get burried up to my seat when I got a little overzealous. I did notice if you use too much throttle it will just spin and dig (could of been the snow...) . I also did not notice any power loss, it actually seems to be more powerful because it is just grabbing anything it could to go forward...I like how it sits higher too. Can't really beat the price of mudlite xl's on new rims for under $400..

Old 03-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The snorkle will be the big restriction, not the filter element. If youre not willing to open the lid up (which I understand , Because i wont do it on my utes either), there isnt gonna be any meaningful improvements. Single speed autos (with no low range) do suffer from lack of power when going up in tire size, and thats due to gearing. You might be better off, buying the clutch kit .

Old 03-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

Would 25" mudlites be considered oversized tires, there is only 2 options for clutch kits that I have found for the bruin, 1 for stock tires and 1 for oversized, I'm guessing I would get the oversized.
Is the nearly $200 worth it?

Old 03-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The tread design is gonna be more aggressive than stock, which makes it harder to turn and spin. If youre asking if I would buy the clutch kit...no I wouldnt, but thats just me and my 2 cents. Id ask the seller, which im assuming is epi, what they recommend.