Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

washington state ORV ban bill

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 05:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default washington state ORV ban bill

A lot of tree huggin democrats over there?

Old 03-06-2007, 01:27 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

captain quint you ever seen an elk trail? They concisiously decide to tear the hell outta the hillside. guess we should ban automobiles cuz a few people to burnouts and dognuts in the roads. Plain fact is there are over 4 million acres of wilderness area these people can seek for complete solitude. there is less than a million acres accessable by ORV in this state and in the places that are ORV accessable such as say capitol forrest. Most of the forrest is Horse/Hiker/Mtbiker designated.. so no ORV on the trails. ORVs can ride the roads. there is around 100 miles of ORV trails in capitol forrest.. I being a person who enjoys riding my horse thru the woods and Pissed off about mt bikers. the dam mt bikers have been out puttin gravel on all the natural trails thru the woods so its no so slippery for them. Bunch of pooosay's. i liked the dirt and big rocks and mud for my horse. now the adventure of the trail has been eliminated. Lame.

noise or no noise. if your gonna pick on ATVs pick on tuner cars and muscle cars and trucks and harleys all the same. not just ATV's

Old 03-08-2007, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer

This is thumpertalks fourm take on it ... http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=459642

Old 03-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CaptainQuint
I hope this doesn't pass.

But.

I have to ask the question to the ATV and related off road motorcycle and snowmobile etc riding community: What exactly do you expect? How many times to we see people on these forums asking "which one of these exhausts are the loudest?" How many times do we hear people asking "I want the most power possible and I want it to sound mean" How many people exhibit the attitude that they will ride a machine that is as loud as they want it to be as long as it is legal for them to be doing so?

If you want to close down riding areas and get legislation like this passed two things do it. Noise and trespassing on private property. Both of those things ATV riders do to themselves. We dig our own graves and we have no one to blame but ourselves for it. We can't blame the tree huggers and we can't blame the nanny crowd. It is the people in our own ranks that screw us. Instead of worrying about getting every last ounce of power out the exhaust we should be screaming at the performance exhaust manufacturers to start making exhausts systems that drop sound levels as quiet as possible.

The next time you see some guy on a Banshee winding out his piped machine on your local trail, the guys with a Brute Forces and Grizzlies with loud exhausts crossing over onto neighboring private property and the herd of two strokes and piped sport quads that sound like a pack hyenas being gang raped by hornets riding in the distance you will see exactly why this sort of legislation gets written and passed.

We do it to ourselves and in the end we only have ourselves to blame.
U R NUTZ

What country do we live in again?

Pick your side of the fence and I'll pick mine........ You don't understand! It doesn't matter how quiet we make our quads.......WE WILL ALWAYS BE PERSECUTED !!!

Old 03-09-2007, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

You know, I grew up on this site and I find myself spending less and less time here. It started out as a bunch of friends politely chatting; it has morphed into a situation where no matter WHAT thread topic you use, some BUZZKILL is gonna come along and ruin your evening.
where are the damm moderators?
I don't come on here to get pissed off, but I am TIRED of LEAVING here pissed off. Your moderators need to get off their butts and make this the pleasant friendly chat it used to be.
JMHO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

Washington state sadly is one of the most liberal states in the nation. But really, it is not a matter of self appointed environmental stewards "coming to the rescue". It's just a politician who is going to show us once and for all "who is boss". People really need to do what this Senator (I think it was what he was...been a few days since I read the article) asked and that is not vote for him. What is interesting, is if you read the article, it becomes clear that this man, who first and foremost is a public servant, has clearly forgot that is his purpose. He is now using his position to satisfy his own ego. As a public servant, you would think he might think about what benefit the sport brings to business for example. And even outside that, just that people enjoy it. Why do people have to be so uptight these days anyway (and it is clear across the board...god forbid you think for yourself).

Old 03-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer

This bill is aparently dead here is a big post on thumpertalk veiw the last few pages.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=459642

Old 03-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Washington gets a bad rap.. 90% of the states ground is not liberal. but the 10% is packed full of liberal apartment dweelling morons who have not been raised properly. They were raised by schools and tv. their parents tought them not a dam thing but to blame everyone else. Its a sad, sad thing.

Old 03-13-2007, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

@ OFC

Your right. The population in the majority of the state (talking physical ground) is not liberal. In particular, in eastern washington. But the areas with all the people are and they elect ultra liberal politicians. Seattle hoses everybody. And then the whole thing of being forced to vote by a single party only. That is just wrong. I know a lot of people that just aren't turning out to vote anymore. I don't live in Washington so I can't complain. I can be thankful I'm in Idaho though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

No pinko sissies here I tell ya [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]