Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

06 wolverine..brakes, fuel/float???need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 01:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 wolverine..brakes, fuel/float???need help!!

i've had my wolverine for about five months now, and i've been having some trouble with it. when i'm riding it, sometimes it starts missing or its like its not getting any fuel, i can push the throttle all the way in and it just spits and sputters, it does this for a while and if you keep riding it, it will eventualy start running right. i had one guy tell me that it may be the float sticking. i was just wondering if it may be something less serious before i take it in to get fixed. Also the brakes have Squeaking since day one, so if anyone knows of anything i can do to fix that, please let me know.

Old 03-25-2007, 04:08 AM
Pro Rider

More than likely your idle (pilot) jet screw is set wrong. Give it a 1/2 turn at a time till it runs right.

You just need to ride the brakes harder. They have havnt formed to the rotors yet. That will stop with time.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Trailblazer

If you fo a search you will find that those problems are pretty much the norm. The fuel issue, hasnt been solved, atleast that i have read. Brakes....theres is one guy that changed his pads and has seem to work for a while. might see if you can find that thread. take care

Old 03-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

i've also noticed that it does it when i switch it to reserve, thats generaly when it starts, it also acts up when i'm jumping small terraces and such...and it will also do it every time i wash it. i can generaly ride on a new tank of gas for about 23 or 24 miles and then it will start doing it. working on them is fairley greek to me, but i had a friend of mine adjust the idle screw and it really didn't change anything.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider

if you have only had it 5 months take it to the dealer and have them fix it under warrenty before its up.

Old 03-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

yea, thats what everyone keeps telling me, i just don't trust those dealerships, i feel like anything they find wrong with it, they will try to make it look like it was my fault and it want be covered, so i was asking these questions so that i will be educated when i take it, and i will know when they are trying to take advantage of me. and on top of that, i've called twice to see when i could bring it in, they tell me that they would have to keep it for x amount of days because they are backed up.. thanks to everyone for helping me out.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

that sucks you have a crappy dealer. I took two bike to our local dealer to get the initial service done monday and got them back today, I could have gotten them earlier but didnt have time.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

well one thing with the wolverine is the carb vent line.run into the air box or under the seat because it sucks in everything.and then clean your carb which i havent done so but that should fix it

Old 03-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry about your dealer I can drop mine off in the morning and usually have it back in the evening for any normal service work (and some problems if they have parts in stock.)

Old 04-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

i was also wondering about the top speeds that people are getting, i'm gettin 54 ish tops, just wondering if anyone was getting any better