Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2 stroke engines...not tough? Yeah right!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2000, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys...be gentle with Zorro. I happen to be the one who's Scram got towed back because of the plug problem. He may not want a Polaris sports quad but enjoys riding mine once in a while!

What Zorro forgot to say is that we drag raced on the snow (not deep, 1 inch)...him the normal way and I in reverse! I won...

He also forgot to mention that I pushed and pulled that damn Banshee all day long through the snow! Kept getting stuck for some reason. In all seriousness, if he kept a good momentum and stayed on the gas it was pretty impressive for a Shee out of it's domaine.

Hahaha! Great ride once again Zorro!

Old 12-20-2000, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

Hey you're cheating!!
We did race you in reverse, me in the normal way, there was 1 inch of snow, but under the snow was ice, the real slippery ice. I lost anyway...ahaha
And you pushed me with the Xplorer!! I won't try to say that my shee can be better than a 4x4...but it did go in quite some places...and got stuck more than once...ahahah.

Was it only the plug?

Old 12-21-2000, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

I put in a new plug and after a few tries it started. I will get a cooler-running plus this week. I hope it is just the plug.

Next ride? MXZ's or ATV's...who knows!?!?!

Old 12-21-2000, 03:43 PM
Range Rover

Ok heres the joke that I can not figure out the finish for.

Two canadians go into the woods on 4-wheelers

One with out a spare spark plug and the other without coollant in his engine.

and the bartender says ??????

Merry Christmas

KD

Old 12-21-2000, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

That reminded me of a good one. There were three hikers climbing up a huge mountain and they all had there favorite choice of quads, one was a Bombadier man, another was a Honda man, and the last a Yamaha man. Arguing all the way up the mountain they were at each others throats on who makes the better sport quad. Well when they got to the top The Bombadier man said The 650 is the best Sport quad ever and runs and jumps off the cliff. Continuing to argue over who's quad was better the Yamaha man finally said Ok this is for all the Yamaha men who know their quad is the best and He pushes the Honda man off the cliff!!

Old 12-21-2000, 04:19 PM
Trailblazer

Hmm

Old 12-21-2000, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

It is confusing Kevin...

I did have an extra plug but it would have been of no use...I thought it was just over-heating. Plus it was fun to get pulled by a little Banshee.

Who said in here that "if nothing breaks you ain't havin' fun"!!?? It is true.

Here's a good one: There are two Canadians that go ride regularly together on the trails, in the woods, in mud, etc... One rides a Polaris Scrambler and the other a Yamahaha Banshee. One says to the other: "At least we are riding together and having a blast and not just bashing each others quads on the forums!

Old 12-21-2000, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

ahahah...you missed it completely!!

none of us is an actual canadian (I'm french and he's american...)...and we had 3 spare spark plugs (2 for me, and 1 for him).
True though that I didn't have any coolant!!

But we had fun, as usual...what more do you want?

Old 12-21-2000, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider
Old 12-21-2000, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

Zorro...they all think we are crazy "fenchmen" up here! Don't forget the Molson beer commercials. Snowy mountains, frozen rivers, log cabins...

You gotta admit that every ride has been a blast, whether it's tons of mud, deep powder snow, water and ice chunks(loved that one), huge sand hills, dirtbikes getting in too deep or wiping out all over the place, etc. The list goes on and on...

Now all I need is that MXZ! By the way I watched that movie and it was amazing!

Quick Reply: 2 stroke engines...not tough? Yeah right!