Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How to? hp in a warrior

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to? hp in a warrior

Originally posted by: Jasonp
Originally posted by: crazy1291
man that would be so embarrassing for the yfz
Believe me it can be done with the right parts... and money. It's not slapping some 4 valve head on either.
Dude, enough bashing the four valve head dream I had. I didnt think no one would even take it seriously.

Old 04-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Range Rover

1st choise.
Powroll "race" cam http://www.powroll.com/PDF/INSTRUCTI...MBER/12734.pdf
.430" valve lift
Valve lash, .004" I/ .005" E
80 degrees of overlap.
287 degree of duration intake/288 exhaust @ .040" lift.
LSA 101.5/ exhaust 106 degrees
ATDC:42 ABDC:65
BBDC:70 BTDC:38

or smaller... but better then what you got.

MegaCycle 252x-1, or Powroll "mid-range" cam http://www.powroll.com/PDF/INSTRUCTI...MBER/12708.pdf
.450" I/E Megacycle. .430" I/E Powroll
276 duration @ .040"
Overlap of 64 degrees.
Valve lash. .006" I/ .006" E
LSA 106 I/E
ATDC:32 ABDC:64
BBDC:64 BTDC:32

That's all I recomend doing is the cam other then gearing up on the front tooth to take advantage of the added torque your engine is putting out. You will not have to run race gas or any of that crap. I know it doesn't sound right just to change a cam does so much but with this type of engine (2 valve head) it makes a huge difference. Let that stroker breath.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Thanks, Ill try the "race" cam pretty soon. And Im gonna race everything in our group, including stock and modded Yamaha and Honda 450s and let ya'll know how it goes. Did the Vito's timing advance key or the flywheel help you out any?

Old 04-08-2007, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer

ok but megacycle has a better cam than webber or powerroll it has .450 lift and a 286 degree duration the best by far ive seen yet... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] im gunba change from a hotcam stage one to the megacycle one.....

Old 04-09-2007, 12:51 AM
Range Rover

It didn't work for me as it had to much advance...
I have to much compression also I lowered the deck hight to .040" or so to get a faster burn rate and improve combustion. The warrior already has a stock advance curve of 10 degrees at idle then 33 at 5000 rpm. .. More advance you have is showing you that your peak pressure is less or spread out so you get less HP. So no, it didn't run right at an idle but in the mid range it seemed to help. I took it out though after reading some things on modded up warriors. They all use the stock igition.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:56 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: scoop06pv
ok but megacycle has a better cam than webber or powerroll it has .450 lift and a 286 degree duration the best by far ive seen yet... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] im gunba change from a hotcam stage one to the megacycle one.....
Just because one cam has more duration or overlap then the other doesn't mean for your application that it is a better performing cam. Like it says for stroker engines only. It's been designed my Megacycle and Powroll for there stroker kits. If you choise to put this on your stock or even high compression piston engine (350) it would run like crap, you loose so much bottom end power and you'll have to rev the daylights out of it to get that cam to work. The biggest I would go with a 350 size would be the Megacycle 252-X1 and that's huge for this type of setup.. but even then this cam is to big for a stock low compression piston engine.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:04 AM
Trailblazer

well this is wat i just read up on tht cam so u take it up with them tht u cnt use it with a stock piston buddy and yeah actually having more duration allows ur valves to be open longer to allow more compression beings ur gettin more air fuel etc....so how doesnt tht make more hp ?!?

252-x1 .450" 276? 106? Must use #101-Y spring kit. OK with stock piston. 32 btc/64 abc .006"
.450" 276" 106? Must modify valve cover for exhaust lift. Mid-range 64 bbc/32 atc .006"
and top-end power. Fast TT, enduro racing.
Must use vernier cam sprocket to adjust power band.

thts copied right from the site

Old 04-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Range Rover

well this is wat i just read up on tht cam so u take it up with them tht u cnt use it with a stock piston buddy and yeah actually having more duration allows ur valves to be open longer to allow more compression beings ur gettin more air fuel etc....so how doesnt tht make more hp ?!?

252-x1 .450" 276? 106? Must use #101-Y spring kit. OK with stock piston. 32 btc/64 abc .006"
.450" 276" 106? Must modify valve cover for exhaust lift. Mid-range 64 bbc/32 atc .006"

Dude, you seriously need to learn how to type... I'm not trying to be a dick or anything I just can't understand what you are saying.
Sure you can use your stock piston.. . It's just going to run like crap. Personally dude I don't care what you do in fact I want you to put this cam in just you relise that I'm not filling you with bullsh*t.
First off cam is more then just duration and lift... other factors to consider are is timing and overlap to name just a few. The bigger the cam the more dynamic compression you loose from it, which means in your case running 9:2.1 compression that you'll loose all sorts of power/torque in the lowend and mid range.. Why because a cam with lot's of duration most of the time has a buttload of overlap.. which creates reversion, this is what is bleeding off all that dynamic compression.. Reversion the backward movement of gas through the intake valve and intake track. Why does this happen because both valves are open on overlap and slow moving speed of the air takes the path of least resistance. . . basically, also controlling this is intake valve closing. But either way it will make it so you have to rev the ***** out of the engine before the cam actually starts to work and you start to take the ram air effect...
You'll end up with a bike with no low end power, very little in the mid range and have to rev the **** out of it to make any power out of it. Go ahead do it. I'm just trying to help.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

You'll end up with a bike with no low end power, very little in the mid range and have to rev the **** out of it to make any power out of it. Go ahead do it. I'm just trying to help.
what do you mean by "revving the **** out of it to make any power"

so if that guy is going to blow up his engine by revving to 20k rpm trying to find the rpm for peak power........I WANT TO BE THERE [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

that would actually sound pretty cool- a fourstroke revving to 20k rpm...........

Old 04-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: crazy1291

what do you mean by "revving the **** out of it to make any power"

so if that guy is going to blow up his engine by revving to 20k rpm trying to find the rpm for peak power........I WANT TO BE THERE [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

that would actually sound pretty cool- a fourstroke revving to 20k rpm...........
Ah.. no, something would come appart quick if you could actually get it that high before a rod/crank or piston cam appart. More like 7 to 8 thousand rpm before the engine comes alive.

Quick Reply: How to? hp in a warrior