Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Big Bore Kit????

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 01:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior Big Bore Kit????

Hey i just purchased a warrior 350, and i wanted to bore it out. Does anyone know the best big bore kit, and at a good price??

Old 04-20-2007, 09:02 AM
Pro Rider

Four Stroke Tech
►366cc Big Bore Kit
Includes piston, rings, pin & clips
$185

►435cc/446cc Big Bore Stroker Kit
Includes piston, rings, pin & clips, sleeve, head gasket and stroked crank.
(Strokercrank is on customer's core)
$649

►Cam (*=exchange on stock cam)
$165*

►Valve Springs
$95

►Clutch Springs
$20

►Oil Cooler kit
$95

Machine shop labors, port & flow, engine building labors are not included in the prices. Call for more information on complete engine building.

Powroll Yamaha Warrior/Raptor 350 Stuff

Old 04-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

How big do you want to go? Why do you want to bore it out? If you're just looking for more power, there are also other mods you can do to give you more power for a reasonable price. The 366 kit Warrior54 mentioned is a great choice. Get the 10.5:1 compression and you can still run pump gas instead of race fuel.

Old 04-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just my opinion, if you just bought the thing and already want to make it faster and perform better, you'll be better off in the long run to just trade it for something better right now, before it turns into a money pit. If you take a look at my warrior, yes it's a nice machine, and performs just as good or better than a stock z400, but I spent nearly $4,000 in aftermarket parts on top of my initial purchase price to get everything upgraded to the same level as the newer bikes. Even when you make it as fast as the newer machines in a straight line, the suspension still won't be able to keep up with it unless all you do is ride in a straight line on smooth terrain. I'm not putting the warrior down by any stretch, they're good solid bikes and I love mine, but you just can't hide from the fact that they're an old outdated design and aren't at the same level as the stuff on the current market.

Old 04-22-2007, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: recon99
Just my opinion, if you just bought the thing and already want to make it faster and perform better, you'll be better off in the long run to just trade it for something better right now, before it turns into a money pit. If you take a look at my warrior, yes it's a nice machine, and performs just as good or better than a stock z400, but I spent nearly $4,000 in aftermarket parts on top of my initial purchase price to get everything upgraded to the same level as the newer bikes. Even when you make it as fast as the newer machines in a straight line, the suspension still won't be able to keep up with it unless all you do is ride in a straight line on smooth terrain. I'm not putting the warrior down by any stretch, they're good solid bikes and I love mine, but you just can't hide from the fact that they're an old outdated design and aren't at the same level as the stuff on the current market.

No truer words can be spoken. You certainly hit the nail on the head there. I love my warrior to death and have had a ton of fun on it, but it's aged design is certainly holding it back.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Range Rover

Whats a money pit??? :]

Old 04-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Originally posted by: warpigs
Whats a money pit??? :]
??? A money pit is something you just keep dumping money into and and you're pretty much never gonna see the $$ again, kind of like hopping up a Warrior. Didnt you ever see that movie with Tom Hanks about his "money pit"?