Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee + Snow = FUN ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2000, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been riding in the snow with my Banshee and I am amazed. Last year a had a Scrambler 400 and never had this much fun. My buddy has a Scrambler 500 4x4 all tricked out and he was amazed at how my Banshee went. (When he could catch up and see me - RU smiling Steve?) He did beat me in a short drag race on an icy road, but only by 4 feet and I was coming by... It was ALOT of fun. Anyone wanting to take their Banshee in the white stuff, I can't say enough good things about Realtor tires.

Lars

1997 Banshee - Toomey T-5's, Toomey jet kit, Boyesen reeds, shaved head, heavy clutches, 200 watt stator, and Realtors.

Old 12-25-2000, 12:48 AM
Trailblazer

The only reason I stayed behind you was I like the smell of that 2 stroke exhaust. Also I was 4'3" ahead of you. If I could have got some traction I might have seen more of your roosts in the snow. Blackwaters suck in the snow. Had alot of fun. We will go again this week.

Steve

Old 12-25-2000, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer

Steve,
It's time for that other guy that rides with us to get in on the forum action. They don't have a section for Massey Ferguson, but I'm sure the Honda guys will take him. (Before anyone gets offended, our friend Ed has a 2001 400EX That climbs hills like a tractor, I've even seen him going up a ski slope!)

Ride'em like you stole'em ! ! ! !
Lars

Old 12-25-2000, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

I am 99.9% OK with you, the shee is great in snow (knowing what it's supposed to do).
Last week, I went riding in 1 foot or so of fresh powder with a pal and his 400 scram...he could beat me wherever he wanted. The Bearclaws are maybe not the best snow tire...but I had fun. Tons of fun.

What about the 0.1% remaining? The drag races!!
We raced on very icy surface (a 1 inch high snow bump in front of the front wheel would forbid me to start!!). So we raced, he was in reverse, and me in the normal way...he beat by millions of miles!!!!

Old 12-26-2000, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

Finally your telling the truth Zorro!

And we thought we were the only "Scram-n-Shee" duo out there...

Snow riding is great though. I could ride your Shee without stalling it! Gotta love it!

If you want to beat me in the snow you need those special tires for 2x4 sport quads that the dealer sells. Upon looking at them they seem kinda wierd but I hear they are amazing. Saw a Banshee with em' on today.

Brian

Old 12-26-2000, 11:58 AM
Trailblazer

Hi Zorro and Xplor,
Glad to hear there are others like us. Three of us usually ride together. A 500 Scrambler, A 400EX and my Banshee. We have ALOT of fun together, even though our machines are very different, we really hang together in the trails of PA. I'm sure we don't have as much snow as you guys, but we'll take what we can get.

Lars

Old 12-26-2000, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

We have a tight nit group of riders around here to.Im the only one who has a Polaris though(Trail Blazer).Thers a 3004trx, a Warrior, a Tecate-4, and a Banshee.We have fun, and the fast ones never run off and leave us=)

Old 12-26-2000, 05:05 PM
Range Rover

Love that snow! Just got back from 4 days up in Illinois with 6-8" of the white stuff and it was great. We found a field that had ice under the snow and you could do dounuts forever. My daughters loved to see their old man hit the ice at about 50, throw it sidways and do a 360 without ever stopping. Also loved to do those 6th gear burnouts on the ice. Rode lots of trails and had a big time, just wished it was closer to 32 degrees than zero degrees but they all started and we went slow to stay warm.
Be good!

Old 12-26-2000, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

Actually, we're looking for a 400EX...and ask him to drag race the scram (which would win) and laugh a little...but snow is here and changes all the rules!! I'm not constantly ahead anymore, and this crazy guy called Xplor has decided to get a snowmobile...440MXZx (me) vs 670HO MXZ (him on friday I think)...who will be faster?
12 months long races!! Yesss sir!

We do get tons of snow...last year was not a real winter (little snow, "hot"), but now, it looks cool. More than 1 foot of snow...and -25C during the night...ouch. I don't really care as long as one machine starts...

Old 12-27-2000, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

Man...I'm glad to see you guys can make the banshee move in the snow.... I live in central NY...We are having a pretty good amount of snow right now.
I just bought a new house with some property...I thought I would be able to ride all winter long.
The 400ex goes through pretty good. But the banshee just sits and spins. On the hard pack snowmobile trails...it's a blast. Cutting trails is no fun on the banshee. I am running bandits...Much better than stock. But I feel like I'm burning up the motor with all the high revs just to keep momentum.

Quick Reply: Banshee + Snow = FUN ! ! !