Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Are you keeping your modified Raptor 660?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you keeping your modified Raptor 660?

I have a '01 mod raptor, tons of money stuck in it(before i bought it from a friend). I have it for sale(leave a sing on it), but don't care if i sell it or not. I hardly ever use it, but when i do, it's a blast to ride! it's set up just right.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

I have sunk too much money into my 02 Raptor to dump it now. I know that I would start the same cycle of upgrades with my new ride. Runs and handles great. My goal is to get some Elkas on it then I am done, but I doubt it. EFI is great but not enough motivation to pitch it at this point. My boys are putting the pressure on me to hop up their hondas, that is probably where my fun money will go.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Be very interesting to check back on this thread in a year or two!

Old 05-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: DuneMe
Be very interesting to check back on this thread in a year or two!
If a new bombshell bike comes out I'd be interested as well.

But I can't stand the thought of losing a few thousand bucks just to be slower. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

Everyone who mods the Raptor 660 make about the same mods. Engine power, A arms, shocks, swing arm, etc. You'd think the manufacturers would just wise up and just make a quad right so you wound have to redesign it after you bring it home.

The 700 is much closer, but it still needs at least 20 more hp and decent shocks to make it enjoyable. The 450s have bad ergos and crapy ride and still could use a major hp boost. You'd think they would do some market research. They'd rake it in.

Old 05-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cannondale tried that...of course they weren't a big name manufacturer. Right now I don't think enough people will pay the 12k+ that a bike you and I would consider "ready to go" would probably cost. Besides, manufacturers make a few bucks of their aftermarket parts as do a number of other companies that they have worked with for quite some time.

The LTR got closer with good shocks and a wide stance but it's still not track ready for a serious racer. I think we'll approach an aggressively designed and tuned machine akin to what you speak of in the future but I think it'll be well into the next decade before a single or double cyindlinder sport bike will be able to reliably make that kind of power and weigh little enough to still go round corners all for a feasible price.

Just my thoughts. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2007, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

i myself will not be letting mine go for quite some time.everybody talks about how much greater the 700`s are compaired to the 660`s.from what i`ve seen they are not that much better or faster than the 660 to justify starting over again.i don`t even have that many mods on mine either.the technology has to get alot better for me to upgrade my raptor......i`ll let the "my quads better than your quad" crowd run up their credit and monthly payments to keep the newest atv`s in their garage.whats funny is half those people don`t even know how to utilize the power on a 660 let alone the newer 700.same goes for the 450 crowd.

Old 05-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Range Rover

whats funny is half those people don`t even know how to utilize the power on a 660 let alone the newer 700.same goes for the 450 crowd.

the above is so true and again i love my carbs

Old 05-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider

You have FCRs?

Old 05-05-2007, 12:55 AM
Range Rover

MasterRaptor no what is FCRs? when i refer to carbs i mean that i like analog verus digtal /efi . when i picked up my raptor i went in wanting a 660r not 700r of coures the salesmen kept pushing on the 700r . but i told him sorry thats got efi no thanks i want dual carbs . other then jetting the carbs for my ct sonics full sytem i have only done a arms and shocks up front plus air filter plus i dumped the keyed unit with the temp rev and n light in favor of a pro taper oh bars set up plus some hole shot and some ITP steel wheels {alumin stock ones got tore up} thats it and i love it would not want another bike love working riding on it, to much fun

Quick Reply: Are you keeping your modified Raptor 660?