Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

new o7 grizz pod mod???

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 03:52 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new o7 grizz pod mod???

Hummingbird,
What do you mean "set the rpm at 1600" ? What are you setting it for? I understand adjusting the fuel part and will try that out. Also, has anybody had any stalling problems? My 700 is stock and will sometimes stall when I am crawling and let off the gas.Not too bothersome rock crawling but unnerving on a steep climb.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Trailblazer

Ketchikanman, I have the service manual and got free updates from my dealer. He is very good about letting me into his shop and info. The new setting for RPM Idle is 1550 to 1650 rpm. I set my Grizz at 1600 with the motor up to temp. Factory shipped many units at a lower rpm and stalling was a problem. It seems fast to me but runs great. Gives me very good control and no stalling in the rock crawing. I ordered the manual from Yamaha on line. Idle adjustment in located to the right front of your air filter up top. Small moves and time to let RPMS adjust. On cold and very cold 10'F starts it started better and did Idle a bit faster for a few minutes but then was back to 1550 to 1650 rpm.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:46 PM
Trailblazer

I have set my FI at 50 and it pulls the front end up so fast I went to 25. It pulled the front at 0 but I could get it faster at 25 and and 50 FI setting. More fuel will also cool the head some but could hurt the plug. So far My Grizz runs great. It is stock.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Trailblazer

droil5, I would take your Grizz to the dealer and let them try. Also if it worked on the one a the dealer and not yours then check the VIN numbers. If your VIN number is older then the one at the dealer then yours should work even if Yamaha made a change. When I can I will ask my dealer about it.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Trailblazer

yeh i was hoping to hear that other guys that just bought had the same issue than it would make sense but no one else has even showed interest in this topic
but thank you hummingbird i m gonna take it in for valve set and ill get them to deal with it .

Old 06-03-2007, 01:58 AM
Range Rover

I just bought my wife a new grizz 700 se and it is our first 4x4, what is a pod mod? I can barely pull the wheels on her grizz so any info would be appreciated.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info Hummingbird. I went out lastnight for a 37 mile ride over 5 hours with everything from 61 mph double track to tight technical rocky hillclimbs and watercrossings. I set the fuel at 50 and there was a huge difference in off idle pulling power. I was very impressed. I did stall 3 times though. Always off throttle on a technical part. I will try the idle for next time. Did you have the stalling problem and remedied it with the higher idle? Did the higher idle affect anything else? Thanks for the help. My Grizz pulls alot harder off line and out of the turns now.Just have to watch out for the trees.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Trailblazer

droi5,
How do you like your Tera Cross tires? My friend has two quads. Prairie 700 has Bighorns which never go flat and have taken unreal abuse from him and a KingQuad 700 that has ITP Holeshots that get a flat everytime we ride. 2 flats lastnight .Thay get incredible traction but after his flat lastnight I am looking away from the teras and more at the Bighorns or new Razrs. Have you had any flats? We ride in rocky wooded ares.I like the lighter weight of the itp's but I don't want to fix flats on every ride.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer

droi5,
Sorry this is off the pod subject but how are the 14" wheels/tires as far as handling is? Did you notice a big improvement? Did you lose anything going to 26"s?Thanks

Old 06-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Trailblazer

droil5, Take it in and see if they can get the pod to do its thing. But if it starts and runs good then save your money on the valve check.

Quick Reply: new o7 grizz pod mod???