Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

new o7 grizz pod mod???

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 10:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new o7 grizz pod mod???

Ketchikanman, I did stall a few times when it was new. But I changed my idle and did not have any problem after that. I also think just good old run time helped. My work is keeping me from getting more ride time in. Busy time for me now.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer

Spudley, Here is the info on the dash pod on your Grizz. Yamaha used there race FI system on the Grizz is what I was told. Lots of settings can be changed. Warning. If you make a change write down the factory setting first. There are settings as the sensors and things like that you don't want to change. Change the FI mix and set RPMs. But some on here have changed other settings and then not run very good. Factory settings are in the service manual.
Here are step by step instructions to program your stock Grizzly 700.

1. With the key in the off position, Hold "Select" & "Reset" and while holding them down turn the key on. The "d IAG" screen will pop up in 5-10 seconds.
2. Press the Select button to get it to the "Co" screen.
3. Hold "Select" & "Reset" again to get the "C1" screen to pop up.
4. Press "Select" & "Reset" again.
5. Press "Select" to raise the number and press "Reset" to lower the number.
6. Turn the key off to reset to the new settings.
7. Restart Quad
This is the way you program the FI setting. Factory is "0" My Grizz runs great at "0" but I did move it to +10 just to try it out. Note you can also go to a Negative setting if you want.
To Read PRMs Do steps 1 and 2. Stop at that point and turn your kill switch to run and start the motor. Your display will read RPMs. Take the number X10 and you have it. Reading 160 will be 1600 RPM. 155 will be 1550 RPM and so on. To reset your display just turn off the key and your back to normal. NOTE: DO read step 1. Key off hold the Select and reset down and give it some time. Display will change and then step 2 hold select and reset again. Start the Motor. Warm it up first. Then do steps to set RPM. Display does not read above 1900 RPM. With the motor up to temp I set my reading at 1600 or 160 on the display. This let it move around in the 1550 to 1650 area. Runs great. PUSH IN HARD ON THE SELECT KEY AND IT SHOULD GO TO CO HOLD IIT FOR A FEW SECONDS. Good Luck. Also have someone else try it that has never read the instructions. I will tell you it can be hard the first time or so. Here is the RPM info also.

-------------------------
Grizzly FI 07<BR>Kodiak 400<BR>Wife 24 years

Old 06-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer

Spudley, I told my wife the same thing. But she already has a 01 Kodiak so she lets me ride the Grizz. But she does like it.

Quote from Spudley,
I just bought my wife a new grizz 700 se and it is our first 4x4, what is a pod mod? I can barely pull the wheels on her grizz so any info would be appreciated.

-------------------------
05 raptor
K&N
K&N powerlid
ct full exhaust
gytr skid plates

Old 06-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Trailblazer

heh guys my dealer told me that i should have the valve set done after 20 hrs he said yamaha wont warranty any engine issues if it wasnt done i trust him cause he told me he didnt care if i had it done elsewhere just be sure to get it done
terracross tires have been good so far but not many miles so far they definately ride better than the mudlites i have 2600 kms on them they have been good also. i never run the stock tires they get changed at the dealer b4 i take delivery
no idea if i lose power

Old 06-05-2007, 01:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have the same problem with my 700 grizz I can't get into the Co just dAIG, I don't no why it isn't working !

Old 06-05-2007, 03:31 AM
Range Rover

Thanks hummingbird, I don't think we have had any stalling on the grizz but it sure runs rough when it is cold, the handlebars shake somthing fierce. I also picked up a new raptor 700 and it also seems to run poor when it is cold so I thought nothing of it. Well maybe I will play around with the grizz a bit.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Trailblazer

Valve check. Warranty, I admit I have not read the fine print in years, but I have been told years ago if I want I can do my own oil change, Air filter cleaning and valve check. Same is true with a new car. If we can do a oil change then we can service our own ride. But peace mind is important also. I have not checked the new Grizz but on the last four ATVs I did check my own and found no adjustment needed. If a stalling problem stays with the motor after breakin and correct RPM set point then I would have the valves checked. If it is something you don't know how to so then I would have the dealer do it. I would also have 20+ hours on the motor. Make sure your using the correct oil for a wet clutch. I use Castrol 5W-50 Syntec year round and have for years on all the toys. So has most of the guys I ride with. I contacted Castrol about the oil and warranty and have a letter from them supporting their oil. Dealer had no problem with the oil but the oil marked for the AVT cost a lot more. Wet clutch oil should NEVER say ENERGY CONSERVING. always look at the back of the QT. I even picked up the wrong 5W-50 oil once but did not use it in the toys. But I did put it in the tractor and snow blower.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:39 PM
Trailblazer

Droil5 and Teck67
Yamaha may have changed the Grizz but I bet someone on here will learn about it. Again I would check VIN at the dealer and if there unit gets to the co and our vin is older then yours should work. I will call my dealer.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Trailblazer

Ordered skids today. Yamaha sent ma a $50. off card for parts order $250. and I my dealer gives 10% more on all parts after the order gets to $100. Skids cost me $511.03 Before tax was $482.10 so look for the card in the mail if you have not get one yet.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Trailblazer

i think we need to get more guys involved here maybe there is more guys who just bought the 700 and are having the same problem maybe we can all figure this out together.

Quick Reply: new o7 grizz pod mod???