Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

new o7 grizz pod mod???

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 01:19 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new o7 grizz pod mod???

How many hours do you have on your grizz, could we not just get warranty on this problem I mean evrybody else bike is working why not ours. I was thinking of taking my LCD off and plugging it in to a friends bike that works right, that might tell us if it is just the LCD and that would be warranty. I let you no if I find anything!

Old 06-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Trailblazer

i have like 10 hrs on mine. i have a power tip coming, then all the mods i want to do are done.
then all i need to do is find time to ride. i sure would like to have any bugs ironed out by then as she will stay at my place in the foothills till fall
land i will trail ride any time i can get away from work.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

It took a couple times to get to the adjustment through the pod, but figured it out. Not too hard once you've done it. I adjusted the C1 to 15 to see if it would give me more power. Seemed to have very little difference in acceleration and power, but gave me all kinds of fits. I could not run at a steady RPM. It would sputter/stall like crazy, but hitting the gas would straighten it right out. It would return to sputtering as soon as I started to maintain a steady speed again. Returned the adjustment back to zero, and it took about 20 minutes of running around for it to return back to normal. I hope I did not do any damage, but I will not do that again. I'll leave things alone... lol. With the factory setting, it will lift the front end straight into the air from a dead stop. I'm a shy under 300, so I think this powerhouse has plenty of git-r-done for me. Moves snow like it's not there, and throws a heck of a rooster-tail in the snotty mud...hehehe

Old 06-18-2007, 11:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

What date was it built, month and year from what I've found there is a wire that needs to be cut and one side of that wire has to be grounded and then you can make the changes but then you have to reconnect the wire back together yamaha did change something and that is to stop people from changing the fuel ranges. The wire is involved with the CDI pack I have no idea what wire but ask your dealer about this if they don't no tell them to call there tech line! Let me no how you make out, if your still wanting to change the pod setting.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:02 AM
Trailblazer

i bought may 07 it was right off the truck when i got it can you tell from the serial #date of manf it stalls all the time if you feather the throttle under load it seems to bog real easy under load in high range in the mud also any ideas tech 67 my 660 would always rev in the mud but this one wont