Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

has anyone replaced the muffler or intake on a grizzly 700?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone replaced the muffler or intake on a grizzly 700?

I was wondering what options there are for the grizzly 700 to increase power and if adding the aftermarket muffler increases power to the piont where you can notice a difference.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

Hello Gohip,
I did the pod mod and adjusted my fiel to 50 and put a twin air filter on . I didn't want to go with a full after market exhaust as I didn't want to make it too loud for where I ride so I put on a power tip I got off ebay which gave me a much deeper sound and they say flows 2.5 times more air. With the fuel adjustment the quad is much stronger in the bottom and midrange. I have 26x12x12 mudlights and can spin them at will as well as pull the front up now. Hope this helps.

Old 06-26-2007, 10:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I installed the hmf slip on with the hmf programmer. I run 26" mudlite radials. This is the first time i ever payed the price for a aftermarket pipe. All i can say is "WOW THIS THING IS FAST! Big difference. I tryed playing with the stock pod , but only had small power increase. Plus i didn,t like the idea of not knowing if the bike was running rich are lean, a real pain in the but. Hooked up pipe and set programmer to hmfs setings in about 30 minutes. I havent had to touch it .I can't imagin it running any better. Well worth the money.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

grizzlycentral.com

Old 06-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Schmedly,
Which pipe did you get and how loud is that thing. Most HMF pipes I have heard are real loud and wouldn't be cool where I ride.

Old 06-28-2007, 11:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

The pipe is pretty loud but sounds great. I bought the silent core for about 20$ because i also use the bike for hunting. You just take the tip off with three screws and slide the core in, it takes about 5 minutes. With the core in its just a little bit louder than stock. You feel a very little power loss with the core in. Its nice because you can quiet it down if your riding in a place thats not cool, as you say.There is a couple places that i ride with the core in. *I believe they only make one model for the grizzly. I keep the core in the storage area just incase some ranger don,t like the noise level. Its about 7 "s long and 2"s wide.

Old 06-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

I just looked at a shootout in Side x Side Action magazine where they tested eight different exhaust for the Yamaha Rhino. Granted a Rhino is different than a Grizzly 700, but its still a big bore single cylinder, and the HP gains from exhaust were a little underwhelming. The highest gain was about 3.5 HP, by an AC Racing full dual exhaust system. Pro Circuit duals were almost as good, with .01 HP less than AC Racing. The HMF full dual exhaust system actually made 1 HP less than stock!

All of these exhaust are super loud, and sound stupid in my opinion. Go ahead and get one if you want, but I wouldn't expect to be floored by the gains in power you are going to get. And it will be irritating on those all day long rides.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had a rhino 660with all kinds of mods. A thirteen hundred LB. machine with a 660 is kind of like trying to get more h.p. from a 6 cly mustang ,its not going to help much. All i can say is i have done it. As for as the grizzly, I will bet 500$ my grizzlly with the pipe and dobeck mod will smoke the pants off your stock grizzly. Don<t knock something untill you have tryed it, and don,t beleive everything you read.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Trailblazer

Hey schmedly,
Thanks for the info. What exactly does the Doebek do? I set my fuel on the pod to 50 and noticed a big difference in low to mid.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

The dobeck has 5 modes to adj. One is for idle. Two is pretty much the same as changing your pilot jet,( starts much faster in cold weather.)They call it the 1/4 throttle adj. This would help the guys in the cold climates that have had problems with starting. Three is the same as your doing with your stock pod, Like changing your main jet. ever mode can adj 1-9 with half adj. like 5.5 to 6 to 6.5. i was told by hmf that one number would be like one jet size. the fourth and fith adj i would have to look in the instructions. They gave me the correct setting and said these very rearly needed to be played with unless you were doing crazy stuff to you motor. The throttle responce is bad to the bone, all the way to the midrange. The top end is alot better but not bad to the bone . I,m guessing its the gearing.

Quick Reply: has anyone replaced the muffler or intake on a grizzly 700?