Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My blaster boggs down and dies while idleing please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 06:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My blaster boggs down and dies while idleing please help

I have a 2003 YFS 200 Blaster.. I just bought it a couple weeks and ago and it run great...but now it has a bad bogg to it even in neutrul but if u hold jus a little gas to it it takes a min for the motor to catch up but when the rpms start finnally it will jump up where its supposed to be its un rideable its so bad ......I have cleaned the carb twice and put it back and still no luck so i took it back off and cleaned the reeds still no good and thats why iam here....Iam just completly confused about the situation...i auctuallty got it to idle a lil yesterday and it was idleing up and down.......If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated it sucks to pay the payment on something and it not even running......Thanks,Rick

I have msn messanger also Rickybobby012889@hotmail.com Any help at all would be great Thanks

Old 06-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Trailblazer

I forgot to include that my oil light its been on since it happend.iam not sure how those oil injectors work

Old 07-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

most people take the off the oil injector and mix their own fuel and you might have to fill up the oil tank cuz mine starts to come on when the oil is at half full and to fix the idleing i'd say the jettuing may be maybe its jetted to much and its putting a load on the bike makin it harder for it to run so go to a yamaha dealer and see what they say about the jetting thats all i can think of hope this helps

Old 07-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Trailblazer

hey thanks for the help i found out about how the injectors are bad to stop upyesterday and took it apart and it was stoped upi fixed it but its running really bad i think i found my problem a lil to late i hate to rebuild it if it dont need it

Old 07-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

try fixing it 1st inless its more cost effective to just get it rebuilt, no problem for the help

Old 07-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Trailblazer

I got it all tore apart and i see that the rings were seized up and one of the rigs had been spun...iam just waiting for the parts to get here its bored .10 over and new set of boyseen power reeds ...will be ready to ride in a day or two

Old 07-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

sounds good why not just get a 240 big bore kit?

Old 07-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer

Well because the more of a bore in the jug the thinner the cylinder wall is and the more it overheats...And i use mine for the mountains and road soo i definately dont want that...If iwas just going to run it in a circut or track then yea that would be better

Old 07-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

ohh well if u put it liek taht i c where your commin from well have fun when you get it back

Old 07-08-2007, 12:57 PM
Trailblazer

Is the fatty motto pipe and fmf silencer a ugrade u can feel when u get back on it....and can i use a fmf silencer on the stock pipe until i can afford to get one

Quick Reply: My blaster boggs down and dies while idleing please help