Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

HELP! Banshee front brakes on 98 Blaster

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 02:24 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Banshee front brakes on 98 Blaster

Hello all, I have a 98 Blaster and just bought front banshee brakes off ebay that came with the calipers disks and spindles. I was told that is would be a simple swap and that the banshee front brakes would fit but it seems not to fit. I noticed that the spindles on the banshee brakes do not match the ones my blaster . Would I be able to replace my upper a arm with banshee a arms to fix the problem. I am lost right now and need to know what the fix is for this mod. I am sick of the drums and really need these banshee brakes to complete my braking system.
I have also read on some other forums that i wouls have to machine out my spindle but i dont not understand that mod.
Fof those of you that know the blaster configuration fine, but for those of you who dont here you go: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...VWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (This is my current a arm ans as you can see there isnt a nut that the spindle who attach to. Now looking at the banshe a arms: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...72QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem You will notice that is does have a nut on the end of the ball joint in which my spindle wouls attach to.

Now again I hope there is an easy fix for this and someone would be able to give me some detailed help. Hopefully these pics helped out to understand it. And for you guys that already did the mod, What do I do next?
Joe