Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

MY blaster's small probs.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2000, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright my blaster thas a few small probs.1st of all it doesn't have enough power to pull the tires that are on it.I removed the airbox lid(it was running rich and fouling plugs)but it didn't really help only made it louder.If I ad 18 inch tires will it rev out to fast?ANd I know it will be sitting on the ground!It doesn't have enough ground clearance with the 22's.

It has a pro-x piston cylinder bored .025 over,Uni filter,low-mid porting,a full chassis skid plate,and a new brake cable.

2nd of all when I am spinning in the snow in like 3 gear the chain makes a popping noise.The chain is tight and has a brand new carrier.The front swingarm bearing move a little would this be it?

Old 12-30-2000, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

if you have got that all that porting and a bigger carb on a stock pipe that could be your problem
i have 22 inchers on mine with a fmf fatty and i have no problem
about your chain i can`t help you there you might want to ask a dealer

Old 12-30-2000, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Blastermaster, See if you can help me out hear. I just got back from a ride after several new mods to my Blaster. This is what I just recently did. Oil injector block off kit, Mix 32/1, replaced reeds with Aktive reeds, Added reed spacer, Removed stock carb and replaced with a 28mm Mikuni, main jet 210 pilot one size larger clip on neadle at center position. Holeshot rear tires 20-11-8 on Douglas .190 rims. New throttle cable strait to carb. Privious mods. FMF gold searies fatty, FMF power core ll silencer, K&N Filter with outer where, Vented air box lid. Works double rates on front. Now for the problem. It seems I have lost power in My mid range. I have quick throttle responce and great power in first and second, But third and forth seem to bog down,
When I hit the throttle in third shifting from second it seem there is no power there. After 30 Minuts or so I pulled the plug to check it and it looked good a nice even light brown color. But this plug was not a new plug It probably had 10 to 15 hours on it. I desperately need more mid range power.

Old 12-30-2000, 11:44 PM
Trailblazer

can some one help me out if i tale the air box lid off and the pipe spark arester will it mess up anything

Old 12-31-2000, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

Theputsman
The only thing i can think of besides jetting (wich it sounds like you`rs is fine). is your engine is worn.
How long has it been since your last top end job
(piston,rings,andreeds) you need to do that very year
and another thing you might want to try is puting a brand new plug in it take off down the road as fast as you can turn around and come back as fast as you can then take the plug out and then check the plug

Old 12-31-2000, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

make sure you shut off the engine before you stop

Old 12-31-2000, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer

Its a 2000. I can't imagine its worn out already.
I think I'll put the stock carb back on and try that. Stock carb was jetted at 35 pilot and 250 main with the needle clip in the center position.
I will also put a new plug in.

Old 12-31-2000, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

bet its the reed spacers

Old 12-31-2000, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

theputsman
mine is a 2000 (got it for christmas 1999)and it needs a top end job bad in fact i am ordering the piston and rings on tuesday and i already have a set boyson reeds that i got for christmas

Old 01-01-2001, 12:44 AM
Trailblazer

Are you just throwing in a new piston and rings or are you also boring it out. Are you having any work done on the head.

Quick Reply: MY blaster's small probs.