Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Had a pretty nasty head on the other day..

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Had a pretty nasty head on the other day..

Was on my clubs trails,really curvy with up-hill blind turns (single track,but two way traffic)Was a little muddy,I was at a blind uphill left turn,so i was going up pretty hot..At the top is a pretty nice straight so people come into this turn pretty fast,These are not club members and first time on the trails..

Well I gunned it on the blind up hill,I wasent going to fast because of the mud..But as soon as I rounded the top BOOM!!..I never left the quad,but my hands flew off my bars and I hit my chest and head on the tank and bars(I wear a chest protector,knee,elbow pads and a helmet)

The other guy was ok ..but hurting,(not sure of make or model he had,but it was a yellow racer type)When we connected he was ejected and I flipped his quad right over..(I was like ohh man this sucks)he was ok,probley good he got ejected,but his quad had some kind of push bar on the front that my Wolverine mangled..Nothing much else damaged on his quad,took a wile to get it started though..The guy was really cool about the whole thing..After we made sure we were both ok we both took blame and considered it a freak accident..I'm just glad he was ok he was only wearing a helmet for protection..I hope he did not find more damage later but his push bar was a total loss..

It shook me up so I called it a day,went home cleaned up my quad to find that the only damage my Wolverine took was a little dent in the bash plate..
You can see it here on the right side of the lower bash plate,I also had a scratch on the cross bar of the oil cooler guard..God that sucked,hope to have no crashes like that ever again..

Old 07-21-2007, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad everyone is ok... do you have Insurance? I didn't until last Friday the 13th.... and literally 3.5 hours after signing the policy I rolled my quad and did about $1000 worth of damage.. .well $250 and 2-3 weeks later it will be factory fixed!! Thanks to insurance! Yea.. my policy will go up.. but not until renewal.. which.. well.. is a year away anyhow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, glad everyone is OK. We had an incident like that one time with a 400EX and 2 twelve year old boys on a Blaster. If the 400Ex had not have had nerf bars, he probably wouldve broken his leg. The Blaster was nearly a complete loss with a broken frame in a few places and a mangled A-arm. Everyone was OK, only the twelve year old didnt know how he was going to explain to his Dad how his Blaster got totaled. Just goes to show how quick something can happen and how careful we have to be out there!

Old 07-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear you bro , and i'm glad neither of you weren't hurt bad or even killed that's why i prefir to ride at night when riding trail's that you can get really fast and those blind spot's can get pretty hairy ; i guess that's why i don't ride sport quad's ! All the place's i ride here in ga. are just to rocky and cruvy in certian spot's , and the long straight a way's can be just as dangerous when you come to the cruves ; i alway's take the trail's as slow and easy as possible in these mountain's on the first run of the day because you never know what's around the next corner not just from other rider's ! Thunder strom's can bring down tree's , rock's and just about anything from one day to the next , i worry more about meeting other rider's in the day time because of the fact you can't see light's during the day light hour's ; and it's down right silly ( Stupid ) taking these mountain trail's fast in the day time ! Me and my brother have been to prentiss cooper in TN. and all the access road's and the trail's are posted at 25 mph and the ranger's can be anywhere and anyplace at any time hiding with those hand held speed gun's ! I think someone said the fine's can get up to $1000.00 or more real easy , and not just the fine but they can convenskate your quad ; and even take tyou to the hoosegal for going over a certain speedlimit or trying to flee to elude ! There's suppose to be up into the hundred's of mile's of trail's to ride , and you can ride on the smooth dirt and some pavement to get to all the trail's ! So you can ride all week end and not go over the same trail twist ; but there's camping site's out house's and good drinking water and some with electicity ! Riding hour's are from sun rise to sun set , loading and unloading ramp's ; but if you don't want to get locked in at night ( they lock all the gate's at 10 pm and reopen at 7 or 8 am in the morning , how ever if there's an emergency you can get out from the main entrance where there's a ranger's cabin that maned 24 hours a day! And there are a few small parking area's where you won't get locked in ; but you must get there early to get one of these spot's ! It's a big game reserve so you never know what kind of wild life you might run up on , and another thing it's closed during hunting season unless you're a hunter with proper hunting permit's ! Well everyone have a good day and when you're out riding play it safe so you won't end up sorry , in a hospital ICU unit or the morgue ! .............................