Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

haha you're screwed yamaha... probably

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default haha you're screwed yamaha... probably

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 54warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GE4x4Those were 1st year issues, after that they have been very solid. You don't hear any complain of fram issues or that you need gausset kits to be able to race them. Plus the all new Outlaws are chromoly frames.

[/L]</end quote></div>

Might not hear any complaints of frame issues on the Polaris because the number of YFZ/LTR/TRX quads racing MOTOCROSS outnumber the Polaris by about 5000:1. Hence the reason there aren't any gusset kits for the Polaris. Sure the frames are fine for the average trailrider or XC racer, but motocross is a different beast all together. I'd almost guarantee that any of the top pros that have used the Predator (Eichner, Smiley, etc.) have had gussets on their frames somewhere.

Do the Outlaw/Preds still come equipped with the super innovative, breathtaking, cutting edge "anti-dive" front suspension??? &lt;sarcasm&gt;</end quote></div>

Well I talk to those who race Polaris at the GNCC races, and none, and I mean none have frame mods or gausset kits on them. And many are on top of there classes on near stock Outlaws going up against fully modded quads. So yes I can say there frames are strong.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: GE4x4

Well I talk to those who race Polaris at the GNCC races, and none, and I mean none have frame mods or gausset kits on them. And many are on top of there classes on near stock Outlaws going up against fully modded quads. So yes I can say there frames are strong.</end quote></div>

I'll refer back to my "motocross is a different beast" statement. It remains to be seen if the Polaris frame will withstand the abuse that motocross puts on a machine. Not that I'm disagreeing with you, I just prefer to take the "wait and see" approach. After losing my @ss on a C-Dale, you can certainly understand why.

The machine that excites me most are the KTM's.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:29 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Well, let's just hope they don't get complacent like they did with the Scrammy.

Otherwise, the only new thing we'll see on them is "New and Improved" graphics. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Scootergptx

Otherwise, the only new thing we'll see on them is "New and Improved" graphics. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

MMMM, BNG Bold New Graphics, gotta hate that.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 54warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Scootergptx

Otherwise, the only new thing we'll see on them is "New and Improved" graphics. [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

You mean like Honda every year.

Old 08-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Range Rover

just wait 'til next year when the yfz get fuel injection[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SickSixtyRider

just wait 'til next year when the yfz get fuel injection[img][/img]</end quote></div>

I think I heard that rumor last year too.

But FI even tho nice, just adds cost but no power increase. A proper jetted carb will be just as efficiant. I think Yami and Honda were smart and keeping there quads simple.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Trailblazer

picked up my 525S a couple of weeks ago, broke it in doing some easy trail riding around the house with my daughter. Last week I took it to the Dunes after putting on paddles and razors, all I can say is Raptor, beware! The 525 doesn't give up anything to the 700 in power, in fact it feels stronger down low, and revs out like a 450. Handling is nothing short of amazing for a stock ATV, direction changes are a snap, and high speed stability is great. The stock suspension isn't as plush as the Raptor, and it's definitely not as cushy as the DS, but I think i can get it dialed in to where it needs to be. I have absolutely no regrets on this one, but my son's going to be in for a surprise this weekend at the Dunes when the old man is outrunning him on a Polaris!

Old 10-17-2007, 07:54 PM
Range Rover

If you run a smaller engine harder then the larger displacement one guess which one is going to wear out quicker.. Also reading a shoot out of both a Raptor 700 and 525 they said that they are both about neck and neck but the raptor would edge it out.. They pointed out that basically the 525 engine is already built very well from the factory and really if you want to produce any more power your going to have to dig deep.. the raptor on the other hand would be a lot faster for less money.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Purchased 07 outlaw 525 IRS in March, so far hit 1 tree snapped left upper tie rod end. I have had had to replace the inner and outer front wheel bearings on right side of bike the upper tie rod was bent replaced it also. Not sure if my son crashed and won't admit it. The frame has held up well. The bike is great in the woods and a blast on the moto track. Sorry to hijack post but any comments on after market tie rod kits I found a set on Ebay guaranteed not to bend or break. My concern is something has to give. Comments?

Quick Reply: haha you're screwed yamaha... probably