Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Warrior hydrolocked by dealer during repair!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Yamaha Warrior hydrolocked by dealer during repair!

We got what you call a Redneck insurance policy up here.. It's a 1979 GMC 3500 dually with stright headers and about 50 feet of towing chain. Its parked out back just incase someone needs a "tow" with or without them knowing. Find out what car the shop manager drives to work.. we will get your 900 bucks back. OR, if you don't like sitting in jail, call up the Cops and BBB then pickup your ATV and wait for your day in small claims court.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like the above idea.. mostly the first part... however the last sentence is alot more logical..

Old 08-08-2007, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

their techs are f-cking stupied. im a 16 year old tech and im the only tech at the shop their so some repairs take a few days longs for two reasons 1 im working on so many bikes i cant get to it or 2 another problem shows up after what it came in for. now one its not your fault their shop is not up to date on storeing the bikes if the bikes are outside they should be cover ran or shine thats their mistake.two if their water in the air boxs theirs a drain on it. its on every fatory airbox they shouldnt of turnd over the engine thats also their fault.here what i think you should do the next time you bring a bike in for repairs we do it at the shop i work at dont give them the money in till you see your bike run and run just like new.now this is what i think you should do try to get your money back and your bike the way it was shown to you. if they say no trie to scare them with a lawsuit (dont sue it not worth it youll spend 3-5k and a year or more just to get 900 and a bad bike).if they still say no just cut your loss and get your bike fixs some were else that dosnt store them outside.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

hell now that i think about a few hundred more and you could of got a whole new engine.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

im putting in a 350x engine in my 300. i have the new engine in the frame and it rained monday and today and i didnt cover my engine i hope i didnt f-ckup my motor before i got to ride it.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:52 AM
The Facility

You should definately talk with the dealership owner at this point.
What state is this dealer located in and is it a legitimate Yamaha brand dealership??

Old 08-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Trailblazer

I will be talking with the owner today. I am in Washington State. The name of the place is Brothers Powersports in Bremerton, WA. They are an authorized Yamaha dealership. I spoke with Yamaha yesterday and they apologized up and down and told me that if they did not take care of it, that they would call them and try to help resolve it. Bottom line however is that they dont own the dealership, and they can basically do whatever they see fit.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

well if they were yamaha authorized them holy **** they could soon become UNauthorized.. maybe yamaha will take care of it..

Old 08-10-2007, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

I had a simular situation with our local Yamaha Dealership. I had them rebuild my '87 warrior engine. Took 'em 4 months to do and only did 3 hours of work on it. Not to mention, they lost 50% of the smaller parts to the engine assembly. I spoke with the OWNER of the dealership. They purchased all lost parts and comepleted the rebuild. I have also had a GP1300r Waverunner at the shop for most of this summer getting the hull repaired. It seemed that every week the hull cracked agian. Each time I brought the waverunner in they repaired it free of charge. Finally, after 2 1/2 months of trial and error repair methods, I think they finally got it. The key here is to maintain communication and do not start accusing people. If you are persistant and maintain your cool they should get your warrior back to you.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Trailblazer

Blaster96. I think it is awesome that you have a good dealership to work with. Sounds ideal. However in my situation, there are a couple of other elements that do not allow me to do this. For one, I highly doubt that they are going to do a 180 all of a sudden. They hydrolocked my machine and tried to fix it while I waited. You could hear something was loud/bent in the head and massive smoke coming out of the exhaust. It also would not stay running. They brought this to me and said here you go and have fun, with a smile. They had no intentions of letting me know what they had done. When I questioned them about it, then it was the only time that the guy came clean, but would not admit to any of the extra funky noise that was present. They then told me the BEST thing for me to do, was to take the quad and go ride it as much as possible, and the noise would go away, as well as the smoke. This was so they could be released from liability and I would have to pay for the damage they caused. After wading through all of their B.S. and letting them know that I know exactly what happened and what kind of damage was possible, they then claimed it was my fault that the water was in the box and that their employee started it in that condition.

Quick Reply: Yamaha Warrior hydrolocked by dealer during repair!