Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Warrior hydrolocked by dealer during repair!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 02:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Warrior hydrolocked by dealer during repair!

That's messed up. Your really in a pickle.

I don't know why some are saying when you hydro a motor you can bend a valve? I've seen a few hydroed motors in my day and never have I seen a bent valve caused by hydroing a motor. Cranks blown out the bottom end, burnt up starters, stripped out ring gears and rods folded like paper, but never a bent valve. I don't even know how a valve would get bent with a liquid?
It sounds like the whole job is FUBAR'ed. I personally don't think water in the air box is going to do much like you described.

This is going to get ugly. If you let Goober work on your ride again, your going to get screwed. If you don't let Goober work on your ride your going to get screwed. I see no way out of this deal.

Good luck man; you'll need it.

Old 08-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

see how this may get very ugly i say take your quad go on ebay buy a new motor you can change the motor by yourself in about 4 hours if you never did it if you have maybe 2 hours.to help lower your losses take your old motor and part it out and sale the parts on ebay.

Old 08-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

To Be honest what u should do is file a lawsuit against them.....if u payed 900 for that they *****ed u good.......what state do u live in?

Old 08-13-2007, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

Stay calm and make sure you document everything. All the conversations, correspondence and telephone calls with everyone. Like Blasterman3315 said, you may have to take this the legal route. In fact if something doesn't get resolved fairly quickly I would get the machine back and take the matter to court. I wouldn't want this bunch of hacks messing with it again. Who knows what they'll do to it. You know they're going to cut every corner they can just to get it out the door with the minimum of cost as they're going to take a bath on the labor and parts not to mention catching flak from higher ups. Plus they might just sabotage things out of spite.

I'd cut my losses as soon as a could and try to recover whatever I could in court.