Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine HMF pipe and jetting.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolverine HMF pipe and jetting.

I just ordered a HMF pipe off of ebay ($227 shipped) for my wolverine 450, It says that the necessary jets are included, but I remember reading a while back that it was only the main jet, or not everything you need....is that correct, or will I be ok with the included jet?

Also, is jetting something easy for somebody that has never touched a carb, or would I be better off taking it to my local yamaha dealer and paying them a few bucks to do it?

I was bidding on a gytr pipe on ebay, but after hearing a few sound clips on youtube, I decided to pass on the gytr and go with the hmf. Im assuming for power increases, they are about the same...right?

thanks,

Kyle

Old 08-12-2007, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

you'll be all set with the jet that they give you, some ppl were just saying that they dont give you all the ones that would be in a normal jet kit. im not sure about how difficult it is to rejet though. if your somewhat mechanically inclined, it shouldnt be too hard, but im not sure. i think the hmf and gytr have about the same power gains, just alot more noise on the gytr. good luck with the pipe.

Old 08-13-2007, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the reply!

Well, I decided to get a k&n filter also...so will this require different jets than the one that is supplied with the hmf pipe?

I think Im going to have it done at a local shop, they said it will probably be about an hours worth of labor to get it done right @ $70 per hour, I will gladly pay that to have it done without the hassle.

I just want to make sure that the hmf supplied jet will work for the pipe and filter before I drop it off there....I really dont want to have to wait a few more days for them to order the dynojet kit and install that if the hmf one doesnt work.

thanks again,

Kyle

Old 08-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Trailblazer

Have it done by a shop. HMF jets are for 800 feet above sea level and for a stock filter and air box. Let a pro do it or you might be sorry.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well it was not too bad changing the jets on the wolverine 450, but it is a little hard to get everything undone on the carb to pull it all the way out(the best way to do it). So I just got mine turned enough to replace the two jets in my carb and put it back together. Very tough to get the carb parts out from under the starter if you drop a piece down there.