Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Replacement plastic for an 07 Wolfy

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 08:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement plastic for an 07 Wolfy

My wife insists on getting a WHITE wolverine and wants it to be "pretty" does anyone know where i can find PINK plastic?

Old 08-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

Nobody makes any aftermarket plastics for the wolvy (at least for the 06+ models). I had a pretty bad wreck on mine a few months back and broke my front fender, and really stressed the rest of them so they were all discolored. I looked everywhere for some aftermarket ones, but I ended up just ordering a new set of gray ones from the 07 model wolvy....they should be here next week.

As for as making it "pretty" for a girl, go with a white one, remove the factory decals (easy with a powerwasher), and add some pink decals to it. I know a guy who does vinyl graphics for atv's, he did a set of silver flames for my wolverine, but I never installed them because of the wreck. They are custom fit to each model of atv, so they look damn good. I'm sure he could make a set of pink ones for your ol' lady, mine were $50 for the whole set.

Another option would be to find a good painter who is experienced with plastic. You don't want to just have anybody do it, with how much the plastic flexes, normal paint processes will just crack and peel off. You would need somebody who knows how to prep it, and add plenty of flex additive to the paint/clear so it will stretch with the movement of the fenders....but for what that would cost to have done, you would be better off just doing some sort of decals.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider

spraypaint them then clearcoat, won't have a problem unless you get wd-40 on it.
looks good just look at my warrior (the front isn't finished)

Old 08-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't spray bomb a brand new four wheeler. It will never hold up as good as a normal professional paint job.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider

Do the sticker thing. I live by Sticker Dude in Lake Zurich Illinois. He will do awesome custom graphics for you and will do your design, or design one for your approval. Most of the sticker guys want you to leave the original stickers on the bike so they can measure them and use them as templates. Stickers are a low cost alternative that won't bum your head the first time she runs through the thick brush and messes one up. You can just have them reprinted.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

When i got my bike they had a se wolvy on the sales floor. I loved the way it looked. I asked them how much and they told me it was sold. They didn't have anymore in stock and I' impatient so I got grey. My question is.....anyone know where to get the black se plastic? I don't wanna try to pass it off as an se model, but I like the black/metal flake plastic. I have looked through yamaha's parts books and they don't list a # for the se just grey and blue.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

Check out powerpartsplus.com, click on yamaha oem parts, choose atv, then 2007, then YFM45FXSEW WOLVERINE 450 SPORT SPECIAL EDITION. You will have to get the front fender, front grill, middle tank cover, and rear fender.

My wolverine is a 2006, and only blue and white were available. I had a pretty nasty wreck on mine, so I ordered new gray fenders from the website I listed above....I was going to go with black, but I believe some of the parts were on backorder, and the black will show every scratch mark.

For all of the fenders, plus the right side floor board (whatever it is called), some misc. bolts, a new choke lever and new graphics came to under $200....shipping was the most, which was $170, but its still cheaper than paying what my local yamaha dealership was going to charge me for all of the parts. All of the parts arrived at my house yesterday, but Im out of town until this saturday, so I wont be able to get it done for atleast another week.

Old 08-21-2007, 08:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks, I guess I will have to wait. The front fender assy. is on backorder.