Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Grizz or Brute?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizz or Brute?

Trying to decide between the Grizzly 700FI and the Brute Force 750i. Any opinions? I realize that there is a power difference between the engines. But I really like the features of the Grizzly.

Old 08-18-2007, 05:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default Grizz or Brute?

I also like the diff lock that Yamaha has. I would go with the Grizzly especially, if you are also getting Power Steering on the Grizz. It makes all the difference in the world.

It might just come down to which dealer you like better or will give you the better deal. I have learned recently that "service after the sale" is very important.

Old 08-18-2007, 08:24 PM
Trailblazer
Default Grizz or Brute?

I am not sure what you are looking for in an opinion. Yeah, the v-twin brute does have more power but IMHO in all other areas it is a clear underdog to the Grizzly. The Grizzly is by far the most complete all around package out there. The quad for you is the one you like the best and fits your budget for the riding you do. If you require more specific information please ask away and I am sure someone will chime in and help you.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Grizz or Brute?

Depends on if you want better handling, or more power. The Grizzly is better handling and feels more solidly planted, and it steers a lot better. The Brute has more power.

DV

Old 08-19-2007, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default Grizz or Brute?

But really, how much more power does the BF have. Isn't the Grizz a lighter machine than the BF? I test drove the Grizz and it felt very light and nimble. I wish I had been in a situation where I could have taken it completely through it's paces.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Grizz or Brute?

Thanks for the replys. I will admit I am strongly leaning toward the Grizz, bug I am so enamored by the Brute's v-twin engine, the way it sounds and how it makes power. But...I keep coming back to the Grizz based on excellent reviews, service records and opinions from forums such as this site. Most likely I will chose a Grizz, but we'll see. I haven't ridden either yet, so I suppose that will be the biggest selling point, I"m not too concerned about prices, they're all expensive. Not that I am rich, I just don't care what it costs, I want the best for me. Except for Can am, they are just way too overpriced for me. Oh... and there aren't really any specific questions. I was mostly just looking for opinions, however I do know that some reviews have criticized the Brute Force's locking diff and the way it is activated (The lever that you have to hold down) that is probably the one feature of the Brute that concerns me and that is about it. I asked in the Kawi section this question, but haven't gotten any replys.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Trailblazer
Default Grizz or Brute?

Yeah, the Grizzly's, IMHO, have a better activation system for the locking differential. I highly suggest taking a ride on each before you decide. Make sure you put them both in 2wd, 4wd and diff lock and tour around as well. So you can see how each system works to your liking.

Since you have read all the reviews etc I won't get into the pro's and con's of each as your probably well aware.

Of course with me being in the Yamaha section you know what won me over...it was actually not much of a contest in my mind. Feel free to ask away if you think of anything more.

Edit: Mud Hog the v-twin of the BF really has the Grizzly beat on the bottom end. From there they usually run neck and neck. IMHO.