Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

A couple questions about 1997 Yamaha Blaster.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple questions about 1997 Yamaha Blaster.

Hi there. I have a couple more questions about my 1997 Yamaha Blaster.

Unfortunately I don't have a owners manual but I hope to get one soon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Can anyone tell me how often am I supposed to change the transmission fluid?
I run Bel-Ray gear saver in it and I don't know how often I am supposed to be changing it.

Also, how much transmission fluid does it hold? I think I know right about how much but it would be nice to know exactly how much transmission fluid I am supposed to put in. On the side of the engine it says, OIL 650 CM3. Anyone else here have a Blaster?

Anyone know exactly how much it holds?

Another question, I am not sure where to put the tire pressure on my Blaster. On the tires it says 35 PSI maximum but on the sticker on the side of the Blaster it says something much lower like 5 PSI for the rear and 4 PSI for the front. So which one is correct? which one should I go by? 35 PSI is way too much isn't it?

One last question, Meaning that I don't have a owners manual and I am very new to ATV's is there any other regular maintenance on the Blaster that I need to do?

Sure appreciate any replies and help. Thanks everyone. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple questions about 1997 Yamaha Blaster.

my manual says to change the gear oil every 6 months.the gear oil capacity in my manual says .69 qt.you check the oil level in the little round glass window on the right side of the motor.the oil should be between the 2 marks on the window.tire pressure should be around 5lb on most tires.I dont know why some tires have 35lb wrote on them.I think that might be the pressure not to exceed when the tire store is mounting your tires.maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.