Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

A few Raptor questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007 | 10:03 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default A few Raptor questions

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: zizard

also,check your tire pressure,that makes a big difference.I ride mainly sandy to hard pack dirt,I keep my rear tires at 3 to 3.5 lbs and my front at 3 lbs. That should help out the handling some what.</end quote></div>

Think I messed with tire pressures a bit already. But, I'll give it another try. Thank you.

Old 09-12-2007 | 01:35 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Zickefoose

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: killakevbeastmode

Its not the quad. Its you.</end quote></div>

Well, thank you but everyone knows Raptors are top heavy and tons of tourqe for the weight. But I am getting better, unlike some I have not had mommy and daddy buy me a 4wheeler when I was younger to gain more exp. I finally can afford one on the messly $15 an hour Frito-Lay gives me. But I am getting better lol....

Oh and to add.... The damn Carbs fell off my bike last weekend. Could have been the West Virgina terrain and trails that did it. But, I tightend them back up and no problems so far.</end quote></div>

I wasnt knocking you, But for the record, I dont have a Mommy or Daddy, if that was directed towards me. I have worked my whole life, and I have rode for most of it as well, its not my fault you make what you make, you should keep your personal business out of it, its not a good look.

But on the other hand I was mearly stating a fact, it was my answer to your question, its not the quad, its you, if you know your machine you know what it can do, if you dont well.....You have enough body weight to keep it from tipping, try swinging your whole body in the opposite direction, control the machine dont let it control you, either that, or slow down, your not really racing it anyway right? so...be safe and save the other atvers a head ache from bans and less and less places to ride, cause beginners like you want ***** to the wall from the rip and end up getting seriously hurt, so please slow down, at least till you know your machine. Although, It does take a few bang ups to really know and respect it. Have fun, cheers.

Old 09-14-2007 | 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

If the bike is not turning, look into this:
1) Bent tie rod or threads on tie rod end bent - make sure they are straight.
2) Wheel alignment - If the Toe-In is not correct and/or one of the tie rods has been tightened more than the other, it may not steer correctly. You can check by measuring the exposed threads on tie rod ends.
3) Pitman Arm Bent

Old 09-18-2007 | 08:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Get a Steering stablizer!!! or try different front tires or not so luggish rear tires!