Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My Yamaha Warrior makes a click sound?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 10:42 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Yamaha Warrior makes a click sound?

Alright guys I checked the battery and starter with no prevail. But I have one piece of information that may narrow down the theories. Whenever I attempt to start it up the clicking noise comes from the rear left hand corner of the quad from this black thing that sits to the left of a green thing. So pretty much from left to right there is the black thing that makes the noise then a green thing then the same shape as the green one except this one is white. So we got black(click) green and then white.

Can it be the solenoid?

And can someone please explain to me the difference between the starter and solenoid and location? Lol.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

starter is what turns the motor over, the solinoid is what makes the starter turn over and engage with the motor ,

Old 09-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HONDA CRUSHER 93

this is off topic, but Raptor450, has your 97 Warptor ever been in an issue of dirtwheels? i thought i saw one just like it in there.</end quote></div>

Yeah, it's actually been in Dirtwheels twice. The 1st was (I think) the August '06 issue in the back and I can't remember when the other time was, but it was more recent. Thanks for noticing.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

That clicking is the solenoid. And just as Deanz said the solenoid is what makes the starter turn over. In a little more detail, the battery sends power to the starter solenoid all the time, and that power is just sitting at the solenoid doing nothing just reering to go. The power stays there until you hit your starter button, then the power from the battery is sent THRU the solenoid straight to your starter. When your starter recieves 12 volts DC from the battery, it turns which makes your engine turn. As soon as you let off of the starter button the power cannot pass thru the solenoid anymore and the starter stops turning. You could almost picture it like a drawbridge opening and closing. This solenoid clicking all goes back to the things that were mentioned above. Did you check your wires and battery terminals? Are the battery terminals clean? The green and white things are relays that work very similar to the starter solenoid, but do different things. Thay shouldn't have anything to do with your problem.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:09 AM
Trailblazer

Hey man thanks for the help. I'll wait for the starter and see what's happening. If the starter doesn't work I guess I'll have to buy a solenoid, and if that doesn't work I guess I'll just have to learn about quads and fix the problem. And are battery terminals where the screws on it are or what? And do you mean the wires on the battery?

Oh, and since I don't want to make another thread I was wondering if anyone would know how fast a Yamaha Warrior would be able to go with a full Pro Circuit exhaust and jetted carb with a 150 pound body on it? Thanks for the help.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

tomorrow i will post a pic of simething that you can do that should make it start even with a bad starter. i would do it today but here its about eleven thirty.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:34 AM
Trailblazer

Hey man thanks for the help it is really appreciated!

Old 09-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

heres the pic, i tried to take one of the one on my warrior but theres to much mud. so i got an old one and took a pic of it, hope i helped.
thats not the actual date on the pics, the camera isn't programmed.

by the way thats mud on the fender in the last two, they were taken on my honda which was just in a mudhole ten minutes before the pics were taken

Old 09-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer

Hm that's weird when I do that all I get are some sparks and it continues to make the click noise. I'm probably doing it wrong.

Old 09-15-2007, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider

you will get sparks and sometimes you have to push hard. it might not work for you but it does for me.

Quick Reply: My Yamaha Warrior makes a click sound?