Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Please help Me

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help Me

NEW UPDATE

after adjusting the valves, and reseating the boots I figured I'd try and see if it would start.

-It did start but

*I have to fully engage the choke for it to start
-when i do this it would rev up real high for about 20 seconds then it would get low and die right after

It will not start without the choke.

Could this still be a parking break issue, or should i go into the jets and the carb right away.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Please help Me

One or both of your float bowls are running empty... Check your fuel petcock to make sure it's not obstructed.

If not, then open the float bowl drain screws, one at a time. (try to catch the gas running outa the drain tube.) You'll see that either one or both runs outa gas quickly, they should flow forever with the petcock ON. Whichever one stops flowing needs the float valve cleaned or replaced.

Your engine starts running real fast when the bowl/s run empty because it starts running real lean as the gas goes away.. eventually it backfires and dies.

Good Luck!

Old 10-03-2007, 04:19 PM
Range Rover
Default Please help Me

that's some real good info.

Between now and my last post I have already taken off the parking brake sensor wire and have the carbs off, ready to be looked at.

I haven't had the time in the past days to do anything with the carbs itself yet, but I plan on taking out all the jets cleaning them and inspecting the bowls.