Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Gas Leaking From Carb

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Leaking From Carb

Well I do not know what to do. My Big Bear leaks gas from the overflow on the carb. I have had the carb looked at by two different shops. One did a cleaning the other did a rebuild replacing gaskets and floats. When I cranked it today and left it idling, gas started leaking from the overflow tube on the carb. Any suggestions. I am spending more on repairs than I did on the ATV.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

The float is still hanging up. Why? Who knows? Might be a good idea to put a fuel filter inline.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

Those aren't repairs, they are the typical "guesses" at fixes for problems done by the average shop. I run into it all the time and pay for stuff that doesn't fix the problem. I have found in the past that it pays dividends to ask the shop boss if he is sure this will fix my problem. If it doesn't, you at least can go back at them and say what the heck and you might save a few pesos. Good luck on that.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My advise is buy the manual,Clymer manual if your machine has one and learn that bad-boy inside and out..I knew nothing about first,motocross bikes then quads,when I first started riding..Now I can take both apart in a big lump of parts in the garage and put them back together..It's not very hard stuff to learn..But your problem is the measurement on your carbs float is off..It needs to be very exact..

You guys that take the quad to the dealer for everything are going to end up broke,these machines are made to be beat on,that means they break a lot lol
So learn your machine and buy some metric tools and a quad lift..Clymer is the best way to go,but the Yamaha manual will do.
Ask questions here,many here are willing to go through a lot to help [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]