Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

A few problems with my 02 660 raptor

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few problems with my 02 660 raptor

Well let's see here i got a few problems with my 02 660 raptor. I got a HMF slip on pipe for it the dyno jet kit, and a K&N air filter. I put the air filter in and the pipe on i didnt jet it yet. I took the air box lid completely off and C clamped the air filter to the air box so i wouldent suck dirt and i ran it down the road. I did that Because a few of my buddys said i might not have to jet it and i tought i just might not be getting anuff air but when i hammer on its really bogging down at a high RPM. So now i know im getting alot of air and alot of air going out and not anuff fuel in. I am also way below 3000 feet. So should i go with a bigger jet then what dyno jets calls for with no air box lid.

One of the other the problems i have is i rode in alot of mud the other day and now my quad will not start unless it is in neutral what do you thinks wrong with it.

The last problem i have also started after riding in lots of mud. But when im in reverse it has that governor so you cant go to fast in reverse. It gets too the point where it just stalls. When i let the clutch out, like it dosent even wanna run when i put it in reverse

Thanks Steve

Old 10-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few problems with my 02 660 raptor

Your buddies are wrong... You are running very lean, to the point that damage can occur. Put in the recommended DJ kit as a starting point. See how it runs.

Only start in neutral: You have disconnected or dirtied up the clutch switch and or it's connections at the switch or at the CDI (check the Red/yellow and black wires)

You can disable the reverse limiter by simply grounding the Green/white wire (it terminates at the reverse switch, right under the sprocket)