Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

99 warrior, keep having carb problems, overflow HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 warrior, keep having carb problems, overflow HELP

I have a 99 warrior, they dealer said DO NOT leave the gas in the carb if you are going to let it sit for more than 2 weeks, so I drained it. Then the next time I went to use it the float got stuck. Now the same thing happened again but it is POURING out of the TOP overflow. Is that still the float sticking and will it continue to do this everytime I drain the gas? Should I just ride the quad once a week to avoid having to drain it. They say the gas is so bad now it is ruining a lot of carbs. Please help, I want to go riding this weekend. Should I take the carb apart or is there another way. THanks, Nancy

Old 10-20-2007, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

use fuel cleaner carb cleaner in your gas...you can take it apart but it would be best to pull the whole carb out to do it

Old 10-20-2007, 04:27 AM
Pro Rider

the float may be leaking causing it to sink...to check it ..warm some water..take it off the stove so there in no movement..then stick float in...the air inside will expand with the heat and show bubbles where the leak is,,

or there is something in the line..do you run a fuel filter before the carb?

Old 10-20-2007, 04:28 AM
Pro Rider

there is also an orin around the needle seat...

Old 10-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

if i were u i would take the carb off, take it all apart and spray everything with some Gum Out carb cleaner. < best **** ever and then i would drain the gas out of the tank and put some 93 octane in there. i have a 660 raptor and if i dont put 93 octane in it and octane booster it starts to act up

YAMAHA #1

Old 10-22-2007, 09:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks everyone, actually I took the carb apart, it was easier to get out than a dirt bike! It was that o-ring around the needle seat, it was laying on the bottom of the bowl, so I just put it back and put the whole thing back together and it ran great. THanks everyone for your help and I got to go riding on a beautiful Sunday in NJ, 82 degrees, it was awesome!

Old 10-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

just for your trouble shooting later on, its a yamaha yes there will be a later on lol, floats could of been gummed up allowing the fuel valve pin to say open gargle gargle way to much fuel.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider

oops wrong thread..delete

Old 10-26-2007, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

motochic here's what you need to do , just splice the fuel line between the fuel tank and carburtor and install a clear inline fuel filter to chatch any contaminants like dirt or water from getting into your carb ; you can get the clear filter with clamp's at most auto parts stores or small engine repair shop's for around 4 to 5 dollar's clamp's included ! And get a can of Sea Foam from any auto part's store , i get mine at O'reillys Auto Parts for $5.99 + tax it will keep your fuel from going bad ; it's a fuel cleaner/stabilizer with a water drying agent that will clean the entire fuel system and it also clean's the combustion chamber of built up carbon deposit's as well ! Sea Foam is the best fuel treatment i've ever used in over 20 yrs in the small engine service and repair industry , just follow the instruction's on the can for mixing the fuel ; i've let my 2006 Arctic Cat 400 Auto 4x4 sit up as long as 6 week's without starting the engine and i use regular 87 octane fuel in my AC 4x4 and both my 87 Chevy S10 pickup 2.8 Liter V6 EFI and my 88' GMC Jimmy 4.3 Liter V6 EFI MPV 4x4 and they all run great on regular 87 octane ! But i give all the credit for all my engine's running as good as they do to Sea Foam , it really does what it claim's to do ; and it safe to use in 2 and 4 stroke engines ; both gasoline and Desel fuel powered engine's i wouldn't let any of my vehicle's go without it ! ...............

Old 10-26-2007, 02:52 AM
Pro Rider

JUST DON'T DRINK IT!

Quick Reply: 99 warrior, keep having carb problems, overflow HELP