Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 11:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help

I have a 94 yamaha warrior 350. i need some help tuning this thing out. it runs and drives decent... few problems with it are. wen i go to gun it in any gear it bogs and spits sputters and back fires. also the idle is sky high. i think it may be a carb tuning issue id like to know how to tune the carb or if thats even my problem

Old 10-24-2007, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default Need help

pull the carb apart and clean it..check the accelerator pump plunger for proper function

Old 10-24-2007, 06:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Need help

As far as i know the carb was rebuilt. i will take it apart anyways just to learn. is there any fuel/air set screws to adjust? or is it set one way

Old 10-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Range Rover
Default Need help

it sounds like your carb is just gummed up...take it apart and clean it, also if you bought it used, the last owner might have rode it alot, and the carb go gummed up, he turned up the idle, b/c it wouldn't idle normally w/o the choke...clean it and see if that helps

Old 10-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Need help

i took the carb apart today. its clean as a whistle no gum anyware. but one thing i did notice was my throttal was not going all the way open only 3/4 i will adjust my cable. but it still back fires/ loses power top end wise. i think its leaning up im gonna try and adjust the metering rod. (if thats wat its called) and see if i can make it a tad richer

Old 10-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Need help

Check your carb. boot for tears,rips,or holes. warriors are bad about that. mine has been replaced about four times since it left the dealership.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Range Rover
Default Need help

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HONDA CRUSHER 93

Check your carb. boot for tears,rips,or holes. warriors are bad about that. mine has been replaced about four times since it left the dealership.</end quote></div>

hey honda, just outta curiousity, but did you ever fry your rings b/c of those cracks in the intake, from running too lean?

Old 10-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Need help

No they are fine. I just got the warrior this year, but I have knew the guy thata i got it off of for a long time. It has some stuff wrong now(crankcase busted by chain but fixed with jbweld, no chain guide, brake caliper off of a chinease quad, no pullstarter, the exhaust bolts keep coming out, no exhaust gasket, no clamp.) those are the only problem that have ever been wrong with it, pretty much.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!
Default Need help

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HONDA CRUSHER 93

No they are fine. I just got the warrior this year, but I have knew the guy thata i got it off of for a long time. It has some stuff wrong now(crankcase busted by chain but fixed with jbweld, no chain guide, brake caliper off of a chinease quad, no pullstarter, the exhaust bolts keep coming out, no exhaust gasket, no clamp.) those are the only problem that have ever been wrong with it, pretty much.</end quote></div>

No pull starter? Warriors stopped coming with those around 1990.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Need help

The guy that had it before me took the side cover off and put a pullstarter on, but the bolts came out and he lost it while it was on the trailer.