Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Rhino vs. Grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino vs. Grizzly

Stock Rhino will fit in the back of a pick-up! The 12' trailer (with a BigBear on from the side) is possible if you're comfortable with the Rhino wheels being just BARELY on the deck. A 14' trailer would be great.

On the '08 Rhino the park brake is still on the rear shaft and the service brakes are out at the wheels.

Mounting a winch is easy. Your dealer should give you one for free considering the money you're spending.

Clutch kit costs vary. They have NO affect on ease of shifting.

STAY AWAY from Procom CDI boxes. A lot of companies sell re-badged Procom boxes. They are the ones who won't disclose who makes their CDIs.
The HUNTERWORKS website has instructions on how to identify Procom vs. Dyna cdi boxes.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

who keeps theirs stock?? hehe...

Old 11-15-2007, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

Well 3 people Inormally ride with have ATVs, and anither has an arcticat prowler, and the other is getting a polaris ranger next year. One of my friends that I'm just starting to ride with has a Rhino. so it's a tie for that as well. I talk to the guy with the prowler a lot, and one of his other friends has a rhino and he says that the Rhino is extremely better than the prowler. from the vids that i've seen the rhino goes through mud better.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

Here is a picture that shows the tight fit of a stock Rhino in the back of a pickup. They fit, but not with much room to spare.

With a Dynatek CDI, a Trinity clutch sheave and roller weights, and a Yoshimura RS5 exhaust top speed is 55 mph on a level gravel road. The Grizzly feels more tippy than the Rhino to me, but it seems more people get careless and roll their Rhino than there are people having that problem with their Grizzly. There is not enough of a difference in that regard that I would base my buying decision on that anyway.

DV

Old 11-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

Is that your Rhino before you modified it? Do you know the top speed without the exhaust upgrade but with the other two? I have a 2000 Chevy Silverado(prefere Ford though) with the same sized bed, and when I was at the dealer last, someone with the same size truck was buying a rhino and hauled it home in the back. besides anyway, I have a 6X12 trailer.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

This is why I won't go Prowler, they(my cousin and her boyfriend and his bro.) were in this hole for 2and1/2 hours in their "GREAN BEAN"(that's what they named it) Look at the front fender down where it's just out of the mud and you can see that it's out of place and they have problems with the belt slipping all the time.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

Yup, thats my Rhino when we brought it home from the dealer. I think top speed would be the same with the stock exhaust. All the aftermarket exhaust seem to do is add noise if you ask me. In fact, I think I'll change back to the stock exhaust one of these next weekends, as soon as the weather is too bad to ride.

DV

Old 11-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

It looks a lot different now, and I bet it won't fit in your truck anymore lol. I have always hated red ATVs, but for some reason, I like the New red Grizzes and Rhinos, but I think I'll get Green.

Old 11-16-2007, 12:43 PM
Trailblazer

Something to consider...although looking at your garage it may not have an impact. I've heard people talk about missing the quad "experince" when they got their SBS's and eventually went back. I've never ridin a SBS, but you have that advantage. Swap rides with your buddies next time you go riding and see what you think. Even if it isn't the same caliber as the Rhino, you got yourself a real world feel for the concept. I would hate to spend that kind of money only to miss riding.

Just my $.02. Good luck.

Old 11-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

When I went to Utah last, I drove my Cousins Prowler and it felt a little bulky, but I would get used to it, if I get a Rhino

Quick Reply: Rhino vs. Grizzly