Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Rhino vs. Grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 03:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino vs. Grizzly

I know that I've made posts about this before, but this is the last one. I'd like to know which would be better for me(I'm deciding between the Grizzly 700 FI EPS or the Rhino 700 FI) Which is more terrainable, and can climb steeper hills? which is less tippy. (Think I aldready know the answer to rthis one)Which would be better for a lot of work and then a good little bit of trail riding.(the Rhino is wider, but of all the trails that I normally ride, it isn't to wide excpet for one place, but there are a couple places where it and the Grizz are to tall because fallen trees the have a path under them. my honda rubs the tree with the top of the bars, and both the Grizz and Rhino are taller. This one doesn't really matter, but can I fit a stock Rhino, and a stock Big Bear(my friends) on a 6x12 trailer with a side loading option?
A few Rhino question: If I get the rhino will there be anything that I need to check before riding very much(such a greasing a-arms). If I get a performance cdi box and a couple other mods, will I be able to break 50 on it? How much does a clutch kit cost and how hard is it to put in, and will it make the Rhino harder to shift? Do the brakes stop you good and do disk brakes wear fast? Is the parking brake apply the brakes on all four wheels? Also, would it work if the foot brake failed? For 08 is the foot brake hydrallic or mechanical, and is the parking brake hydrallic or manual? Is it hard to mount a winch on one?
I think desertviper and camokodiac450 have already answered most of my questions on the Grizzly.
Sorry for the long post, but I can't find everything out from the Yamaha website, and I didn't want to start anymore threads.
Thanks in advance

Old 11-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Also, has anyone had trouble with the efi on either machine, or the powersteering on the Grizzly?

Old 11-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

anyone?

Old 11-04-2007, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

This is kind of an apples and oranges discussion. Both machines can be used for work or play. Obviously the Grizzly will be much better at play and the Rhino will be much better for work. The EPS is amazing on the Grizzly, and I've had no problems with the EFI either.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

I wrote down what each one did better for me and go figure, it was a tie!

Old 11-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

First of all I'm a hard sell on the side by side. That being said I was on a ride two years ago (all bikes, tight, rocky trials, lots of swamp and mud) and this guy shows up with a 660 Rhino. I said to my pals under my breath "This guy is gonna slow us down... We'll be waitin' for him all day!!!" much to my suprise he was gone... way ahead of me and most of the others all day. The only times I got a glimpse of what that bad boy could do was when we got into deep muskeg or stopped for a trailside snack. Needless to say when we stopped for said "snacks" my buddies made sure I was eating the words of insult I had unleashed on Rhinoman. See the reason I didn't buy one was because where I live I can ride my bike to the grocery store if I want. Side by sides are outlawed. Well... for now anyway.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

thanks, anyone else?

Old 11-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer

Grizzly because,I just like having my wife holding on tight in rough terrian.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

i have a 08 grizzly 700 efi with eps and it is top heavy....it will do 72mph

Old 11-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider

top heavy compared to what? The yfz? The stock Grizz has the same body roll feel that all other stock ute's have. A lot depends on air pressure/size of tires and shock settings...

The rhino will go almost anywhere the griz will go. (given physical width and height restrictions) The rhino can be a lot of fun because you can put more than 2 people on it, carry more supplies, and the radio mod is nice. (yeah, I know you can stick the cannons on the grizzlies) Keep in mind the rhino is much heavier and will require more to get it out of sticky situations. You also need to make sure you buckle up when you ride in it... (few months back a kid tipped his rhino and wasn't buckled in. The roll bar crushed his skull.) (in the 660's I know this is tru... You can put the grizzly cdi in it, and increase the speed to 50+. One guy said his goes 60... but I'd have to see the gps reading before I'll believe it.)

Keep in mind that the rhino won't fit in the back of the truck... so you'll always be pulling it on a trailer... (can be a hassle sometimes)

If you're going riding with your buddies and they all have quads, then I'd probably go with the griz. If you're riding with your buddies but they don't all have quads, or you plan on more family oriented riding, the rhino might be the way to go.

Hope I've helped make this decision even harder... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Rhino vs. Grizzly