Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Srategies for leftovers.........

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Srategies for leftovers.........

FYI the 450 is counter balanced, just not well enough

Old 11-08-2007, 12:56 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: yotatrailrunner

FYI the 450 is counter balanced, just not well enough</end quote></div> Thanks, you'r right.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whatever you buy, don't be a doofus and ride without a helmet and eye protection. Buy both and use them on every ride.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeas Sir- I'm all set on the gear, well until my new puppy chewed up a riding boot real good. But I'm set on the helmet, Jeff Stanton Arai, and goggles with a new lense. Just gotta get my current ride back together then I'm dealing. I think I'm gonna do an exloration foray; sit on a bunch of quads, feel out the salesman and scope out his inventory, then return to homebase and put a strategy together............

Old 11-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Another company to look at is Markel..

The more quotes you get, the better off you'll be.

Since we have four quads, we let friends ride them too. One thing I added on our policy was PIP. Just in case someone did get hurt beside me or the wife (health insurance covers it) we didn't have to worry about someone getting a lawyer for the bills.

I would like to think our friends are above doing that, but I'd rather not find out the hard way. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah- always best to cover your behind. Nice Avatar, BTW- Scooter............

Old 11-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

It seems to be a little more popular than the Halloween avatar.

Old 11-08-2007, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

WoW!!! Hefty Lefty seems lethal!!! My best advice is to be fair with the dealer. Don't start refusing to pay for this and that, they'll just start sticking it to you in other areas. Maybe not today... but tomorrow or the next day, when you go in for service or to buy some gear... Whammo!!! All those refusals to pay will bite you in the backside. Besides I like going into my friendly Yamaha store as much as I like riding my bike. Enjoy the buying experience, don't let $500 Bucks, cold hard cash, ruin your next stop there to pick up your lift kit, rims and tires or new jersey. Oh, by the way... my 450 Kodiak is pretty sweet... I live in Canada... my MSRP on a 2007 Camo Edition 450 was $9495 plus 14% tax. Worth every penny... "You can't put a price on love...eh?!"

Old 11-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

Well no- not fixin' to be too big of a d!ck. But I'll see what developes- gonna check out his inventory to get an idea of how much he's hurting..........

Old 11-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are polite ways of saying no and there are ugly ones, use a polite one. The point of my post wasn't to be mean when you go in the door, but for Kwackermann to guard against being suckered into 1. Buying stuff he doesn't need. 2. Paying for services that he as a customer should get for free. 3. Make him aware of tactics the the dealership may use to soak him for every dollar they can.

For instance, some atv manufacturers will not honor even the 6 month basic warranty unless accessories approved and sold by them are added to the machine. Most leave ALL warranty decisions up to the dealer. When the customer complains to the manufacturer about poor dealer service, the customer is told that each dealer is independent, and they can't force the dealer to do anything.

Which is true, they are and they can't. ATV dealers are immune to company inference and control, just like car and truck dealers.
The dealers are protected by federal law. That's why dealers can get away with the stuff they do.

Thats why I tell everyone who complains here and elsewhere, to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau if you have dealer problems; and file a complaint with the Consumer Product Safety Commission if you have product problems. They have the authority and resources to fight the dealers and manufacturers, we don't.

Unless you're stinking filthy rich, which I'm not.

Regards to all,

Hefty.