Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Srategies for leftovers.........

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Srategies for leftovers.........

Well- I'll tell ya one thing fer sure- I'm check the valves first thing upon bringin' it home. First to save inconvenience down the road and Second- I've heard horror stories about folks that rode the quad- as they should but the dealer let it out the door with over- tightened valves and warranty work was not honored. I know it pay to keep cool- hadda truck that needed a new steering box, and I played along with the dealer and they ate everything- i was even 9,000 miles outta warranty to boot................

Old 11-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever you buy I always say a rainy day on the bike is better than a sunny day at work!!!

Old 11-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

I know the sales fellow and dealer need to eat, too- so of course I'll leave'em some meat on the bone. The way I see it, it's a win win situation; he's gotta insure his inventory on the floor and I'm releiving him of that responsibility with the trade I have that someone else is gonna snap up, yes- it looks very good. That exchange and a reasonable fee(the actual cash paid)- and everybody is happy. Of course I can always play hardball, too- but I try to keep peace in the valley. Just thought I'd get some pointers for my warchest first............

Old 11-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

Good on ya man!!!, I think ATV shops are like Doctors and Lawyers you can never have enough of them on your side. Besides it's their job to sell you stuff, you wouldn't go to work to work for free so why would you expect the guy at the dealership to work for nuthin'?Eh?!

Old 11-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

Granted- nobody works, or oughtta work for free- but the salesman's gotta know his stuff, too. We've all got something to sell- be it a skill(making widgets) or selling cars/ bikes. Don't mean to derail the thread by getting phliosophical on ya, just trying to paint a balanced picture...............

Old 11-10-2007, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

How much are bikes there? I was just curious 'cause a Kodiack 450 here (Ontario) is $8995 or $9495ish if you wan a camo one over a colour. My brother-in-law just got a 700 Grizzly SE silver and it was $12995 before tax. BTW tax here is 14% on top of the price. I 'm not positive but I think a new Outlander Max 800 all dressed up of the flor is around $15000. Plus tax ofcourse.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

Soyy, Junker that Didn't answer ya sooner. A Grizz 450 retail for $6299 here in the U.S. Was gonna ask one more Q- I'll be goin to the dealers tommorow, how much can ya dicker the dealer down fo a year old lefover? If I'm really lucky I might find a leftover Kodiak 450..........