Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New help deciding

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New help deciding

What mods do you have now? You can do some simple mods to the Warrior to make it a little faster.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

my warrior is in decent shape new edelbrock carb that rev's high for some reason but im not sure about that one, new cdi box, stator, clutch, new plastics, and rear brake calipers.

Old 12-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

What about youre exhuast is it new

Old 12-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

not yet not sure what to get. i was thinkng FMF Power Core IV S/A Silencer.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

A replacement exhaust pipe is a waste of money for the Warrior. The stock one is oversized already so it will do just fine. The slip-on is where you will gain your power. I like the HMF slip-on for the Warrior. You can get them from partsdirect for $220. Find a better performing, better sounding pipe than that and I will kiss your butt! Then a K&N filter, get that Edelbrock carb adjusted right and your old Warrior will have some new pep.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

do you think i should get the 446 bore kit to or is that a waste of money for trail riding?

Old 12-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you go with teh 446 it will be a torque monster for the quad, and a lot of fun to play around on.

I think it would be a great motor for trail riding.

If you do go with it talk to mickey dunlap at www.fourstroketech.net and he will set you up with what you need.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Blazntrailzs

do you think i should get the 446 bore kit to or is that a waste of money for trail riding?</end quote></div>

I wouldn't say the 446 is a waste, but it is a lot of money just for a trail machine. Unless you just want to have the fastest Warrior on your block, I would say you don't need it. You would probably be fine by installing a high compression piston for $200. Get that and the mods listed above and a good cam and you will be able to run with stock 400EXs and still have some money in your pockets.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks guys i appreciate all the help ill let you know how everything goes sometime after Christmas. thats the only thing bringing me down from doing anything with my warrior. Oh i have one other question i don't know it might be really dumb but can you paint plastics or should i just buy new ones because i have blue and i want to black everything out im getting the frame and rims powdercoated after Christmas.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

Get new plastic. The paint will chip even with the flex additive. I know black looks good when it is new, but it is the absolute worst color for an ATV if you are going through mud. Lighter colors work better on ATVs if you go through mud/woods. Trust me, my 660 was black and it looked good for about a month, then it looked horrible. I constantly had to polish the fenders to keep them looking good and after one ride they were dull again. Thats why I went with white now - it doesn't show anything. It's all in what you want but consider yourself warned. Powdercoat is good for the frame and rims.

Quick Reply: New help deciding